Vision problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wear glasses for TV reading that kind of stuff

Had my eyes checked a few weeks ago everything seems okay but since having my little girl 2 year ago I've started to see flashing lights and it's annoying especially in the dark Dr said it's migraine related but it's there all the time and when I'm out in the sun I see little heatwaves that's the best description I can't think to explain it its really worrying me I think it's brain related or something serious it's doing my head in and playing a massive part in triggering my anxiety especially when I'm already determined I have a brain tumour does anyone experience this or over vision problems

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shaunie

is it flashes of light in the peripheral of your eyes?  Like zig zags or lightning flashes?  This sometimes happens when you have the aura without the migraine.

Lynda

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Its weird because I've noticed that ever since my anxiety got bad, I feel like my vision is not the same as before. I feel like I can't see a clearly and that I can't see as far out as I could before. I just had a physical done and my doc says my vision is 20/20
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It most likely is migraine! I find a lot of the time I'll get the auras without the actual headaches. I tend to get tunnel vision if I've gone out in bright sunlight. I have found that anxiety exacerbates my migraine symptoms and vice versa. I remember me first ever time I ever got a migraine and I has a massive panic attack because I thought I was going blind.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up