Vision problems with high anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have problems focusing on things. My eyes feel restless and its getting to me thinking something bad is wrong. Does anybody else have vision problems with anxiety?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you over tired? My eyes get like that when I am tired.

The thing with health anxiety is that we notice every little twinge, ache, pain, muscle spasm etc and convince ourselves we're dying! In truth, our bodies are constantly in motion, the cells are moving all the time, growing, changing, dying... it is incredible! We get a brand new stomach lining every 7 days!! And because that energy is constantly moving, and constantly changing, we often get weird things happen.

Not just that, but vision problems can happen when you are anxious, if you are about to get (or already have) a migraine, headaches, tiredness, too much caffeinee, drugs, some medications... and a whole host of other things can make out eyes go a little funny.

So long as you have your eyes examined at least once a year, you should be fine. If you are worried though, you can always go and have another eye exam to get some reassurance, however I am not sure if the NHS will cover the cost or not.

Generally, when things feel restless, it is tiredness or anxiety. Have you had any sleep tonight? Because it was about 2am when you posted which indicates you went to bed late.

Getting into a good routine for sleep is one of the best things you can do to keep healthy. It lets your body rejuvinate, your mind rest, your body rest, it is extremely good for you. If you have issues sleeping then I can only recommend sleep hygiene. If you google it, you will find lots of information. It is THEĀ  best way to help you get enough sleep. It might seem boring but if you want to help yourself this is the best way. You need to stick with it for 6-8 weeks. My ex found it helped him in just 5 days, so it might work much sooner for you. It is the same thing parents do with babies... get them in a routine, and it works just as well for adults as it does for kids. xx

• Posted

First of all thanks for the advice. I have sleep insomnia but my problem with my eyes just all of a sudden one morning I woke up with. I worry nonstop
    • Posted

I have insomnia too, so I feel your pain. The sleep hygiene I recommended is the only (and most effective) long term treatment for insomnia. So please give it a go! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.