Visual aura/spots in vision from anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys, I'm an 18 year old who recently started college. Over the summer, I started having constant debilitating anxiety attacks. About a month ago, I was prescribed Zoloft. It's helped a lot with my anxiety, but I've noticed a few things, namely that I occasionally get dull headaches, have a bit of trouble with my memory, and I often see a visual aura (colors and spots in my field of vision) the aura usually is most active when I am stressed. Is this normal? Stress or possible Zoloft side effects?

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi charlie, i too started zoloft and experience some spots from time to time, also dull headaches. Nothing tylenol cant handle, i also have lost a bunch of weight due to little to no appetite. Have you experienced that?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

At your age in my opinion only ... You shoyld bever be put on any meds unless youve been through therapy, sometimes years of conseling , programs to work . Drs who perscribe these meds so freely especially to young people ... I would question .

Sure, these drugs are going to help a tad, but its only putting a bandaid on it temporaraly ... Please go and get a second and third opinion . Try the books and online programs just like they can teach people not to be afraid of flying . Your much too young not to try ither things first

There are ALWAYS sude effects to and mood altering drug .

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Rather then worry why dont you go too see a eye doctor . Wont take long and they can examine you. So much easier and safer then worrying about it,
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have black spots a lot now and always think i can see things out the corner of my eye
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am with you

We all are most likely gtreat at what we do meaning our professions .

Mine being a long time realtor

But what i am NOT , is a Dr .

I understand though, people with problems or illnesses want to relate or ask questions of someone with possibly the same symptoms , it does help, and the well wishes are a comfort for the soul but when you have something that doesn't quite fit into say " Panic/Anxiety" symptoms and especially your precious eye sight , no one in this thread in my humbke opinion is expert enough to give a diagnosis or suggestion .... They might just be floaters but i myself would want this checked .

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

no one on here has given a diagnosis judy and they are only suggesting going to see some one professional I do agree it is a young age for medication but we do not know what has gone on in there short lives to have got them to the point of seeking help. I could cry for some of the youngsters i hear of going through anxiety at an early age. I have gone through anxiety and depression for most of my life some times i have needed medication sometimes i havent I am a great believer in holistic medicine but I also know that sometimes i need a bit of extra help. some people are predisposed to anxiety stress and depression and a lot of that is due to lack of seritonin in the brain (my doctor) told me this. yes I have councilling but in some ares there is a long wait and people can wait months. people such as my self found this site and I have found this very helpful and reassuring especially when i was at my lowest  why? because they could relate and help me understand what i was going through we might not be doctors but as my councillor says we are experts in this feild. the only place i would strongly advise to stay away from is doctor google which can do more harm than good. we have to remember some people are stronger at coping than others im not being disrespectful to you my love just voicing my opinion  
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up