VIsual problems and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! i am 21 and my anxiety re-surfaced after two years. My main worry is about my vision. I get afterimage like things in my vision. Every time i stare at a white wall i see kind of like positive afterimages but they never resemble the thing that i first looked at (laptop screen, tv etc.) the usually are small lines and fade away quickly. They do kinda look like an afterimage or a shadowy light. I also have visual noise symptoms (static vision, starburst, sensitivity to light etc.) I have talked with my therapist about these and she said that those things are normal with anxiety and i should not worry.

Is this just anxiety?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have anxiety,I also am nearsighted etc,I've had all kinds of different visual symptoms including floaters etc. I am now 60 years old. Try not to focus on them,I still get anxiety at times,hard not to when you have to keep looking at something. I bet you are fine.

• Posted

are used to get all kinds of weird visual things happening when I was very anxious. I would get squiggly lines, floaters, and a few more. That was when I was in my 20s and 30s but I’m older now and don’t get those except I still get some floaters but they are harmless and I ignore them and they go away .

The more you relax your mind the less you will have them. keep going to therapy and talk to your therapist about the best way to manage your anxiety. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.