Vitamin C

Posted , 6 users are following.

I tried this today, I bought the pills and inserted one, well guess what it sent me to my OBGYN! The nurse was upset with me for doing so, they are acidic and can damage the tissue inside there and cause you to bleed. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Omg!!! That is bad! Did u use the ones with rose hip ? Did u tell her the fustration of having BV because I'm so fustrated in life with this. I was just gonna try it....

• Posted

I dont even know i just picked up the vitamin c but the nurse told me that is a nono to not insert anything in your vagina unless recommended by the the doctor. she said they dont usually recommend that. i have to to go after work to the clinic to make sure i didnt damage tissue
    • Posted

I would say just know every woman reacts differently. I tried everything else and because some said vitamin c gave a burning sensation but worked, I used it as a last resort. Got my first case of BV about a year ago and tried EVERYTHING. Vitamin c worked for me with minimal discomfort. I'm on day 2 and feeling normal and fresh! Been happy all day!!

• Posted

I agree I tried vitamin C with rose hip tab for the first time last night and I didnt have any bad reactions just relief. I think everyone's body will respond differently.

• Posted

It worked for me but it's back again. My period is set to start this week which is usually around the time my BV acts up. So sad to say, vitamin c wasn't my cure. :-(

• Posted

Ugh that sucks! I haven't tried anything else to help but I did start using summers eve soap instead of the usual bar soap down there.

• Posted

Wow.... Now I don't know what to do. Fudge! Antibiotics amor creams or metronidazole don't work anymore. Every time before sex I need to always use wipies and clean myself because of this. I'm tired of going to docs.... sad

• Posted

Oh dear no that's bad! I went drs today been prescribed metronidazole starting tomorrow so hoping that works

• Posted

I have taken two tablets smell still there a little not expecting a miracle cute though as most reviews said it has not worked , I read on the instructions its to treat sexual organ infections ,? Is this like gonareah, ect
  • Posted

I'm so sorry that you're having that result from the Vit C. 

I have recieved lots of different adivce on what to do avout BV.. I think that's just the unfortunate part about it being a condition that is not fully understood by the medical community (what causes it, how to effectively treat it, how to prevent recurrance). These are all of the issues my doctor and I discussed and becuase I personally can't handle anitbiotics of any kind (I get insane yeast infections and also horrible nausea). So the vitamin C did work for me but I would like to add that I got organic vitamin c, no added sugars, no coating, I also only inserted the vitamin c for a couple of nights in a row and then went without - the smell was finally completely gone so I didn't feel the need - I pla on using the vitmain c vaginally if I need it for maintenance but otherwise I'm sticking to probiotics, vitamins b12, d, c, mutli, folic acid, and other changes in my diet that have been EXTREMELY helpful. I also refrain from douching and haven't been sexually active often. It was my one year wedding anniversary and my husband and I were able to be intimate and I didn't start smelling like a dead fish.

I also refrain from douching, which I used to do once a month after my period ended. 

A low bath with about a cup of apple cider vinegar helped me with soothing before I found the vit c.  I would liek to add that my mother has experienced bv several times and the antibiotics her obgyn prescribes clear it up and she usually wont get it again for a few years, I think every woman's body is a tad bit different and we all deserve to feel confident in our bodies. 

I really hope your doctor is helpful when you go back and that you get good info and a solution to BV. Sending you good, healing thoughts! 

• Posted

Well I'm happy to say that I feel fresh feels brand new again ??an not like a dying fish hanging in there bad to say iknow , I took the prescribed metronidazole as gold and after the week was up smell gone waited two days and had sex with partner didn't come back but he didn't ejaculate then had sex second time using condom couple weeks later still no smell and then had sex where he ejaculated and pulled out last week no smell and finally had sex where he ejaculated up me the 2 nights ago and safe to say still fresh as a daisy crazy this BV business I have no idea how it can or anything just praying for no return xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.