Vitamin Dtablets

Posted , 9 users are following.

can vitamin D tablets affect your hormones? Has or is anyone taking them and found any difference ( good or bad).

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth

No vitamin d can not affect the hormones. Its good to take vitamin d while in menopause because i have been taking vitamin d myself for it was low you should take vitamin d

• Posted

Hello, yes I started taking them about four months ago. Not specifically for the menopause but just for general good health. They are brilliant. I'm generally a pretty happy and energetic person but even so I noticed I had even more engery and 'sunshine' since taking them. No question. They apparently do a lot of other good things but its my mood and energy levels I've most noticed.  Ideally however you should take them in combination with vitamin K2. Also the Vitamin D should be D3 - but I think most supplements are. Also take them in the morning not the evening because they can interfer with your sleep patterns.
  • Posted

We all take a daily squirt of a D3 high dose spray, not got the winter blues yet. Leafy green veg is a great source of vitamin K and calcium, they all work together and low and behold mother nature made them a winter veg for us. Dark Chocolate on top for your magnesium.
  • Posted

I take vitamins D and B12. I don't think it messes with your hormones, but the b12 helps with my fatigue and low energy and D helps keep me from being moody and is good for your bones. I try to take both every morning. When I forget to I feel tired and low energy.
  • Posted

Hi Ruth...  

What I am going to say, it is from personal experience...  For a weird coincidence, I started taking vitamins, includding D, because I was a little low, and I blemed it for my "sickness", for just after, I started having all crazy symptoms (not acknowledge by doctors) of perimenopause. So, in my case it did not make anything better, or prevented me to feel any worse.  As I had started taking it when I started feelng terrible, I stopped my intake and found that stopping it did not make any difference, too :S.  So,my answer for your question is NO, I do not think it can cause that much of a difference even though it is said it can make a difference. 

I read that lack of aestrogen can lower your vitamin D , reason most of us have low levels of it.  But I heard from reliable medical resources that there is no respectable study about how much is the ideal level of vitamin D  on "adults"  or how much we should be taking daily - if we should. Generally speaking, except for those who have very low levels, it is more likely doctors recommend the intake because younger people have it higher.

<3 >

• Posted

I was placed on vitamin d3 after a blood test my levels were 12.5 in Feb this year but you have to watch how much your taking and take the right dose, by regular blood tests. My levels returned to 91.4 this week, and was told to now stop taking them. My periods were the same as bad as ever sadly but the pain in my joints had gone x
    • Posted

Mine was extremely low about 6 years ago. I don't know what it us now. My PC never checks that, but I'm pretty sure I'm still low in it. I take just 1 tablet 1000 ml. I think it is and one b12 vitamin. Helps keep me in sync.

• Posted

I’m no doctor but my husband has always struggled with his Vitamin D levels, he was taking vitamin replacements for years which didn’t do much for him. He visited The Wellman Clinic since then he says he feels better, I would suggest taking a visit! 
    • Posted

I'm ok with my levels I'm pretty sure. They seem to help me. I don't know where you live, but I live in the U.S. so we don't have a Wellman Center. When I go back to my PC I'll have her check it. Thanks for your advice though on the D.
  • Posted

Truth is i think they make me constipated. I take them then stoo then take them. Not consistent because of the side effects. It is suppose to be benificial.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.