Vitamins

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have read a few articles about Orlistat, where they mention the IMPORTANCE of taking vitamins each day. However, nothing was mentioned about this by my doctor and there doesn't seem to be much on the forum regarding this.

Is everyone taking vitamins? Do they just take one multi vitamin each day. What happens if you dont take one? What is the best time to take the multi vitamin - assume just before bed?

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been on them since 1st October.. and have not taken any vitamins at all.. as far as I know I am fine :D
  • Posted

Hiya's

I take Evening primrose oil to try to help with my pmt

since taking the orlistat and reading about the vitamins thing, I just started

to buy EPO with multi vitamins, they cost the same so I thought why not, it can't hurt

I can't say I have noticed any difference in myself taking either *sighs*

so wether they are doing any unseen good I have no idea

As I rarely have any fat in my brekkie most days I only take 2 blueys so I take mine first thing in the morning, but xenical do recomend taking vitamins and any other medication before bed time

good luck

• Posted

I had been taking vitamins half heartedly but then I noticed my eyesight seemed to be getting suddenly worse!! Sure enough, looked online and it's because of the Orlistat and lack of vitamin D. So please take vitamins people, eyes are important!! I take one just before bed. Oh, and my eyes are getting better now!
  • Posted

Hi

I too read that maybe I could consider taking a multi vitamin whilst on the tablets but decided not to. However I've been on them nearly 2 months and have very very sore dry skin patches on my face which I have never had before and my GP recommended I started to take one a day always at least an hour after the tablet.

I started doing this and it seems to have cleared. Not sure if it was the blueys causing it of not but all clear of dry skin now!

Tigs

• Posted

yeah i also take a multi vit,when i remember!usually after my evening meal as i dont tend to pass motions then!!so i know it wont be passed out!lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.