Vitamins

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been told I am in menopause because my last period was in nov 2013. I take primrose capsules also iron and b6.when I 1st started taking b6 about a year ago 3 tablets a day made symtoms bearable then I had to up them to 4 because I had a permanent headache and hot flushes were becoming stupid.that seemed to work for a few months until the headache etc come back so upped it to 5. My question is how many is it safe to take.they are shop brought ones so I am guessing not as strong as prescription ones.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

• Posted

I have daily headaches no idea what to do about them .. I've been feeling off today and realized not taken bvitamins today maybe that's why .. Might try 2 usually take 1
  • Posted

Hi Linda!

You don't say what strength and how much of each vitamin you are taking. You might want to be careful as I know for certain too much Vitamin B6 can cause nerve damage, so please check out how much of each you are taking and discuss with your doctor to be on the safe side. wink

Annie

• Posted

Don't take iron unless you are proven to be anaemic - ask for Iron Studies.  Our body usually manufactures its own Omega 6 (primrose oil) but we need to find ways to get Omega 3, whether it be diet or supplements.

Some people cannot absorb Vit B12 via tablets, they need injections.  Vit D3 is also necessary - if you cannot absorb D3 via tablets, drops work best.  Ask to be tested for these also.

If your headaches continue, ask for testing of all Pituitary Gland hormones.  Drs never seem to think of the Pituitary Gland.

• Posted

The iron tablets I take are prescribed by the doctor because I am anemic due to being a coeliac.i can't see a strength on b6 tablets.going for a blood test Wednesday and will have a chat to my doctor when the results come back.
    • Posted

Hi Linda

isnt the B6 strength on the bottle ? 

If your having blood tests you should stop all vits anyway for a good two weeks or more before bloods, ( other than what doc prescribes and knows about) 

as they can affect your true blood results..

if you havent make sure you tell the doctor what you have been taking before he takes blood, so they know what your taking, and whether relevant to the particular blood tests your having.

good luck

jay x

• Posted

Hi all, is it normal to have so many headaches when your post.I dont no what to do with myself, its every day iether in the temple/eye and today all over.I take menopace and magneseum,is there antthing else i could take apart from popping pain killers .

• Posted

Id like to know too I've had a headache for 6 months. I can't take the amitriptiline as too sensative to meds .. Acupuncture helps but is still there every day painkillers not much use .. Nuerologist suggested holistic but they never ease uo
    • Posted

im on amitryplyn only 10ml but to be honest it dosent help much.Mine come and go but every bloody day they come,i am also sensitive to meds and have been taking too much pain killers,i give up x
    • Posted

I thought was going crazy I get sharp nerve like shooting pains in my head too that set off my anxiety & panic attacks I'm so fed up too
    • Posted

god it sounds like mine i nearly went to A&E because i had it for 9 days,stabbing in the side of my head,now it sinusy and al over.ive just read an article that might help to undersstand were not going mad xx

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Trudy

my peri headaches at the end where bad, more like a migraine lasting days and nights .. but now post meno i dont get any ..

so sorry you do 

jay x

• Posted

hi i spoke to dr today. I can't cope with these pains in my head any more, like i said its in my eye/temple god it hurts ,she gave me some strong pain killers,ive taken 1 it hasnt taken it away.Does anyone else have this.
    • Posted

Me .. No painkillers work sad I went in hospital on a drip of diff painkillers nothing happened!! They scare me & set off panic attacks it's a nightmare . I was prescribed amitriptyline but I'm sensative even low does I'm seeing nuerologist again this week see if anything else I can try
    • Posted

Hi  Im post meno, i really think i have something in my head a tumor or somthing.How long did they last sad
    • Posted

Hi Trudy 

whats the name of the strong  pain killers he gave you..

Are they hormonal headaches, i use to get these in peri, they are rotten

hope you feel better soon 

jay x

• Posted

I'm peri .. Early .. Family history of early menopause I'm 33 .. I have had a headache every day for 6 months or so some days worse than others, I get a wierd numbing sensation too and sharp nerve pains can be anywhere and again times vary sad had CT & 2 MRI nothing there which is good news but hard to cope with
    • Posted

hi there called indometacin i take them 3 times a day,i took one about an hour ago, its still there,maybe i need to build them up.It comes and goes every 5 min,just when you think its gone it comes back,i had it for 10 dayssad
    • Posted

Hi trudy

i dont get those bad heads now i am post meno ( approx 18 months post meno) no HRt

could it be any meds ? HRT ? just a thought 

take care 

jay x

• Posted

I've been 6 months it's so hard I'm getting good at ignoring them .. they sometimes cause a shock like sensation through my upper body and arms n I panic .. So so bad ..
    • Posted

Hi Trudy 

oh ..... indometacin.... Hope your doc explained about the side effects of this drug.. 

More to the point, lets hope they help if its that bad ..

jay x

• Posted

oh god i dont get that,i could imagin that would be scary, at the mo its just behind the eye feels like somebody sqeezing my eye out but it comes and goes xx.
    • Posted

no she didnt explain anything, but the leaflet looks scary to read. I took one about 6ish and its not really helped, i think i go get my eyes tested tomorrow,christ im so sick of all this.
    • Posted

Hi Trudy 

yes good idea if you havent had an eye teat lately..

my eyes are bad i wear glasses Vary Focal, i am long sighted so cant read a thing in front of my nose.

I needed glassea at age of 40 full time, and i am age 51 in June .

That could strain if you need glasses and not know 

jay x

• Posted

thanks jay i have glasses for reading.cant believe i didnt have a headache yesterday.im wondering if its the antibiotcis im on for acne i didnt take one yesterday to try illiminate things,im going to try again today see what happens,i let you no x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.