Vivid dreams and disturbed sleep on fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. i've been on 40mg of fluoxetine for nearly a year now and am feeling a heck of a lot better mental health wise. However, I've heard others say on this forum that they get very vivid dreams early on in their treatment then it goes away. I'm still getting these. i dream every night without fail and it wakes me up constantly. Does anyone else suffer with this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes. When I took antidepressants I used to get vivid and disturbing dreams all the time. They were mostly nightmares that would wake me up. They never really went away and I had them pretty regularly.  I’m off all meds now and all that went away. 
  • Posted

YES! But I’m only 3 weeks in. The dreams are intense though, feels very real.
  • Posted

Hi there, I have been on Fluoxetine for over 2 months and I still have vivid dreams.  They don't wake me or scare me, I just wake in the morning and think to myself "wow what was that all about" 

• Posted

That’s exactly the same as me they’re not nightmares or anything but they do disturb my sleep!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.