VP, herpes? Help please! Pics included

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

I visited PP ~5 weeks ago because i'd been having some symptoms of an STD such as itching and tingling. I was tested for chlamydia, herpes & gonorrhea but all my cultures and bloodwork came back normal. I breathed a sigh of relief and moved on with my life. My therapist even suggested my symptoms may be psychosomatic.

Fast forward to now and for about 3 days I had similar symptoms, followed by the development of some bumps at my vaginal opening. They have not spread to any other part of my body at this time.

For some background info, i've been with several new partners in the last six months. I've also had about 5 UTIs, several yeast infections & was diagnosed with BV during this time frame (my vagina hates me). I currently have no abnormal discharge or smell.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what this is or what it definitely is not? I'm extremely concerned it may be herpes despite my panels coming back negative a month ago.

Please let me know if the pics are insufficient. Its a little difficult to get a good picture of that area. imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

i dont see nothing that looks like herpes looks like vp

• Posted

hi i have this same problem itching and little bumps that look they are forming in to this.. im going to the clinic tonorrow for them to have a look im hoping its just vp but im really worried it might be a form of hvp/ warts have you been back ir tested for warts since you have these bumps ?? as i have the same issue and really hoping its not ??

• Posted

i was not tested for warts yet. please let me know how it goes. after all the googling i've done i think it must be vp or warts. although i was vaccinated...

• Posted

i went today and they said its completely normal but i think it still might be warts lol with out having a full test done i will contiune to worry but thats me... they said i have bv though which isnt an std

let me what the clinic says

• Posted

totally understand as im the same way. i know the only way to know if its HPV is to have a pap done so ill update once my pap results come in. glad to hear the good news for you though!

• Posted

i went today and they said its look completely normal but i still worried it might form warts with out having a proper test done but that me im a worrier.. they did say i have bv but no wart which is good i quess but i can never stop taking photos which course my anxity over it

• Posted

let me know what your clinic says when you get back

• Posted

hey! i had the same thing, let your labia rest dont have sex dont wash it with too much water just let it breathe for a while and it will probably go away/smaller. i had exactly like yours and it kind of comes and goes i think they are just vp or irritation bumps dont worry about it xx

• Posted

thanks for your reply! this is very reassuring!

• Posted

yeah i had a pap done two it will tell you if you have hpv with there are over a 100 different strands and only two that course worth the pap only tells if its in your blood ... so if you do hpv in your which pretty much everyone does it wont mean those bumps are warts it still might be vp as there is so many different strand of hpv the clinic said this to me today and the onky way to test if bumps arr warts if by visual exam and a biopsy so if you dont think look like wart which my doctors doesnt believe it does i guess we just have to hope and pray and try not to keep lookin and touching it which is very hard to do once you know its there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.