Vulva LS and easing bad pain or itching

Posted , 15 users are following.

I know for me, I have times where I barely feel that I have LS (well, relatively speaking as far as LS goes!). Then I have really bad days. Also, I realize there are triggers like bike riding, wearing tight trousers etc., I thought it might help people if we put here what we do on those days to ease pain or and itching

Or, other odd symptoms we get. 

We could break it up into perhaps (activity we were doing if any) 

Activity that set off the bad bout

Pain or itching and what we used to ease it.

The other day I had a really painful day. I looked like I had been scalded for some weird reason. Very red and sore. I hadn't done anything that day that I can recall. The only thing I can think of is, I ate sugar? 

I used ice and vaseline, not my normal combo', but hey, it worked and it might help someone else. 

I'd really love some input and perhaps this can help ourselves and each other. Love to you all. x

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi 

Great idea , I am 28 and had ls since childhood but only diagnosed 4 years ago . Wasn’t that bad before just itchy but now seems to be flair ups every couple of months with blisters and open sores along with itching. It comes to a point I can’t walk or want to go to the toilet . The last few time I used coconut oil and silver shields which did heal me . This time around I had anti biotics which triggers it and also gives me thrush to add to my lovely problemssad I am 4 months pregnant so added hormone changes to . I have had lumps/ blisters / open sores now for one week and nothing seems to be helping . I have the doctors in the morning but half of them have no idea about the condition . I have not seen my dermatologist for one year which doesn’t help so I don’t no how quick her waiting list will be to see her again sad just feeling very down and embarrased and  scared  about it all . Just seems to be getting worse and dermavate isn’t doing anything . 

Don’t no what to do in agony x

• Posted

Have you tried regular baking soda baths and rinses?  They have helped me a lot.

• Posted

For the bath I put in 1/3 cup of baking soda.  For the rinses after bathroom visit I use three pinches of baking soda in a Perin bottle.  After padding dry I use coconut oil to keep things moist. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.