Vulvodynia caused by bartholin cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've just been to a local GUM clinic to a reputable hospital. They diagnosed me with vulvodynia.

Mine was caused by a small bartholin cyst which ruptured after I took 2x naproxen. I really regret that decision, as for the past 3 weeks I've been having vulvar pain of the affected gland.

The second week of pain was so bad I couldn't get up for more than 20 min. Strangely, I took some VOLTAROL and my symptoms subsided for about 4-5 days, until recently when I decided to go to this clinic as I was having discomfort walking.

Needless to say I feel suicidal.

At the clinic they also told me Vaginismus is another cause for this pain (which I have!)

So yes, I have 3 problems right now.

The problem though is that mine seems a bit inflammed, and I tried to tell the doctor about voltarol suppositories, but she wasn't listening.

I got some lidocaine gel and Aqueous cream instead.

I'm only 26.

I do NOT HAVE BURNING at the area, just stabbing pain, a lot of pulsating and discomfort when I walk (I feel an internal cyst that does no exist).

Anyone have a similar experience?

thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I could also really use to talk to someone, and I'd love to offer some support as well. We women just do not deserve to suffer so much
  • Posted

Will you let me know your telphone number.mine is

[b]Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the phone number, It is not a good idea posting personal details like this on the internet. If users wish to pass details on please use the private message facility.[/b ]

• Posted

Hi Mary, 

just realised your post was over a year ago now so i am not sure how you are now feeling?

I was diagnosed with Vulvodynia 3 years ago, i am 23 years old, and completely and utterly understand how you feel. It is absolutely awful. I have battled with it very badly like yourself and am finally at a place where on a day to day basis can control and maintain it. Steroid creams and lidocaine have been my saviour to be honest.. also i see a physco sexual therapist who helps with a number of things. Vuvlodynia massively affects you and especially people close to you. gentle exercises really do help, have a google of pelvic exercises. keep fit and healthy, make sure you wear cotton knickers, only use shower gels with no chemicals in, i use Aveeno, but you can also Aqueous cream or epaderm cream. I also use epaderm about 4/5 times a day. There is no magic cure sadly but you can learn to maintain it. Please feel free to ask me anything else. I wish i had someone to help me when i went through a bad stage. 

Thinking of you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.