Vulvodynia due to pelvic misalignment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Recently I did an xray for spine and pelvic as suggested by a chiropractic and physio therapist. 

The result shows there’s a pelvic misalignment and this maybe the cause of my vulvodynia that irritates the pudendal nerve and hypertonic pelvic muscle.

I just started to have treatment with the chiro along with acupuncture to treat the pain.

Has anyone experience treatment with physiotherapist and chiropractic for vulvodynia pain?

Looking forward to know your sharing. 

Thanks ladies! I’m blessed with this forum.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So glad you posted.  I have a damaged hip, had x-rays and MRI of lower lumbar spine.  Dr's don't think it's from the spine which is what they have been saying for months.  They are saying I have vuvodynia and I also have the burning pain in my feet and lower legs.  Been taking Lyrica for several months, it helps somewhat with the feet and legs but not the vulvo burning.  It also has started causing me some bad side effects.  I would love to know if you get relief from the chiro or acupuncture.  My situation isn't exactly like yours but any ideas would be appreciated.

Hope you get some relief, this is a horrible condition.

• Posted

Hi Nita 

Just wondering how you got on with your treatment. Did chiro and acupuncture help? I have recently been diagnosed. I know my hips are out as I’m already on 25mg of endep for nerve pain in my back coming from my hips. 

I’d love to hear back from you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.