Waiting for the day

Posted , 12 users are following.

4am awake with thumping heart, anxiety starting all over again - this is all so horrible and all I want is to feel happy and enjoy life like all you other lovely ladies do aswell. Not getting easier. Hoping you are all in peaceful slumber unlike me x šŸ˜„

2 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi lou,

i feel your pain, I suffer with anxiety too. I have just started taking the HRT patches so I'm hoping that will help. It's absolute living nightmare. Have you tried anything to help ?

• Posted

Hi Stephanie yes it's hell on earth feeling so wretched and full of anxieties all the time, panic worry panic worry - never stops. Hoping HRT works for you, I can't take it doctor gave me Sertraline and it was terrible , made things worse.

• Posted

Good morning Lou, hope you managed to get some sleep. I saw your post at 4 am but my eyes wouldnt focus enough to let me type back. I often wake in the night and come on here to see what other ladies are saying. It's a great comfort. I'm having dreadul night sweats at the moment, started 4 weeks ago. Just this second had super strength sage delivered through the door. Fingers crossed it works better the the one I've been taking. My daughter gets married next Sunday and I really need some proper sleep to get me through the day. I'm anxious enough about it and being away from home for 48hrs is scary.

• Posted

hi Maisie I really hope the sage works for you, I need to get my head round things and have a good think and do more research, anxiety stops me doing anything right now. I have the number for a counseller im thinking of ringing and getting on the list . Yes you need some proper sleep with a lovely wedding to look forward too, lots of luck.
    • Posted

I would ring them louĀ its the best thing I did I haventĀ seen mine for three weeks and boy do i notice the difference good luck with it my lovelyĀ 
    • Posted

Morning sue, yes I did ring for that appointment and ive had my first session - ive lots of work to do online and also with charts and things that have been sent through the post for me, I really can't say if it will help but I hope so, ive got a long way to go. How are you doing ? 

• Posted

im not to bad my love,do you not see anyone in person? I had a bad week last week with little sleep and the little sleep i did get was nightmares i had that five nights on the trot I think my hormones have been playing up because for the first time in five months i have been super anxious and low in mood but i have go up this morning and i feel better also i had a full nights sleep. yes rome wasnt built in a day and the notes i have from my CBT therapist i keep re reading.Ā keep positive if you can my love it does get better and you will find your self more in control of the anxiety anything I can help you with just ask x
    • Posted

Evening sue, so sorry you're struggling with nightmares I know how awful they can be , I have them too. Yes I did see a counseller personally I think it will be ok but like you I have lots of work to do to help myself aswell - I i have so much going on in my head and menopause has heightened everything, im so grateful for this counseller and appreciate I need to work on myself aswell - hopefully the challenges ahead in recognising my problems will help me deal with things that need closure , not easy though. Thank you for the support, im here for you too x

• Posted

Take some chamomile tea my love just before bed that has a calming effect I sometimes take one in the day too its horrible being a women isn't it beta blockers help me

• Posted

Yes I have chamomile tea in the cupboard along with everything else ! I'll start it properly and yes it's horrible being female. My friend takes beta blockers as her heart races like mine and they calm her down, im just too paranoid to take them! 

• Posted

Paranoid about what? Mine are a very low dose. They are tiny pills and I break them in half. Half in the morning and half at night. They have no side effects and my doctor says they are completely harmless. I've been on it for many years. I start to feel bad when I go off them. I've been to 2 doctors who have prescribed them so I feel like I've had two opinions. It's better than having your heart race in the middle of the night. And they help with anxiety too .

• Posted

That's really great they help you so much, all I was offered was Sertraline , now you've said that I'll look I to it, thanks. Yes the heart racing is horrid and glad they work so well for you.

• Posted

I had to look that up. Sertraline is an antidepressant. Beta blockers reduce stress on the heart and help with anxiety. I was offered antidepressants too but, like you, chose not to take them.
    • Posted

Yes lots of people have had a rough time with Sertraline but then some swear by them, it's like everything we all react differently . Im Definatley looking into beta blockers now especially as such a low dose seems to help so many people so thanks for that.

• Posted

Lou, i have taken a low dose beta blocker (propranalol 80mg) for years (well before peri started) for longstanding anxiety, & they do help keep it in check. xx

• Posted

Hi looloo, that's what my friend takes aswell and she says the same, they really help. Im really glad they help you too. It's all pretty hard going isn't it and trial and error too. Horrid time for all of us x

• Posted

Hi Lou, were you able to get any rest? I hope that you are doing well today.
    • Posted

Hi becky, very sweet of you to ask. I actually fell asleep on the sofa watching telly and woke up at 3am freezing cold but wide awake, have you ever done that ? It happens quite often actually , I get settled to watch something completley miss the whole thing and get annoyed with myself for being silly. Anyway been awake since. How's your day been ?

• Posted

Yes I do that too. One thing that happens to me is watching the tv and Im really tired and dose off and the moment that my husband turns the tv off Im wide awake. Ugh! Last night was a rough one for sleep, so today Im mentally a bit of a mess. Hoping a nap will help! Hopefully you can get one in as well smile

• Posted

How odd ! That has happened here too, my hubby used to turn the telly off and go to bed whilst I'd be led on sofa flat out and the minute he turn it off I'd wake up - he would say ' im trying to creep around and not wake you up so why wake up when I turn it off ' .......strange eh, so now he leaves it on all night and leaves me there to freeze! ........ Yes Hope you feel better after a kip, I have to really try to get into bed and switch off as have a busy day tomorrow and already freaking out about work, just can't face it - the thought of leaving my cosy home is horrible, I literally count the minutes and can't wait to get home again where I don't have to see anyone or speak to anyone, just getting in the car is bad enough and starts my heart thumping. Hope you manage some sleep anyway ????

• Posted

I think we can sleep with the tv on because we hear that instead of the many other things that we are thinking of. At least thats my thought lol! I have a busy week the kids go back to school. Im going to pray that you sleep well tonight and that your day tomorrow is smooth smile Tell your husband to leave the tv on and cover you up lol! Take care!

• Posted

Hope you're ok becky and sleeping better. Im the same with the sleeping thing so gonna try to pluck courage up to see the doctor, don't like it though. Hope your week goes smoothly with the kids ??

• Posted

beta blockers help me hun and thy dont have the side effects as a/dsĀ 
    • Posted

try stay away from the sertraline i found it a nasty a/d especially when you try to come off them also if i missed a day did you know about it im on citalopram only 20mgs but they work for meĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.