Waiting list for surgery.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I landed up in A&E at UHW, Cardiff on February 14th with excrutiating pain in my side and was diagnosed with gallstones on February 15th after a scan revealed lots of them in my gallbladder. I had my pre-op assessment on March 1st and I'm still waiting for my operation. I contacted my doctor's surgery and was told there was a 36 week waiting list and I probably wouldn't hear anything until after August 17th. It seems a bit pointless to have a pre-op and have to wait this long for the actual surgery in my opinion. So far I haven't had any bad attacks since the first one, a couple of times I thought I was going to end up in hospital again but it didnt happen. I would like to get it done though. Fed up of being on the low fat diet! Thanks for listeningconfused

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I got to wait 4 camera down my throat and some thing done up the back passage then they should have a date 4 my surgery then fingers crossed it will before december x
    • Posted

Sounds uncomfortable Tasha. Good luck, I hope they sort things for you as soon as possible. x 
    • Posted

Im not looking forward to it lol but its got 2 be done thanks x
  • Posted

With me I had no trouble after I went on low fat / dairy free diet drink 3 ml bottles of water a day the surgeon on the morning of op said if I still wanted the op I said yes as I didnt want to have gallstones causing infections again I have tins of soup 0.7 g of fat, cup shots which are cup a soup with pasta , benefit cereals which contain 0.8g of fat greek style fat free yogurts, wholemeal bread dont have sugar got that used to that sort of diet dont miss cheese or margerine I may if I have a cuppa tea have 4 rich tea biscuits as they only contain 1g of fat
    • Posted

From reading lots of posts it seems that staying on the low fat diet  is the way to go even after the op. A lot of people say they still have problems with pain and eating issues. Considering gallbladder trouble is such a common illness the medics don't seem to be very knowledgeable about treating the after effects but they're quick enough to operate!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.