Waking up feeling shakey and sore

Posted , 6 users are following.

today is my 3 week anniversary with Cit. I did 5mg for 15 days and I am on day 5 of 10mg. i wake up in the morning feeling shakey and dizzy, and I am wondering if this is a side effect? I am still a little anxious all the time, but I feel like that is slowly going away. I also recently switched to taking the medicine at night rather than the morning to help with insomnia.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Today is my 3 week anniversary too!!!! It's the morning that is worse for me, I wake up feeling panicky and foggy as the day goes on it gets better!!! I'm also on 10mgs, I desperately just want to get back to the way I used to be!!! Hopefully it will get better xx
  • Posted

Hi Both,

It seems the morning is worst for us all. I think the anxious feeling makes us depressed and full of fear for the day ahead. That how I feel. I can honestly say im worse in the weekday when I get up and get ready to go to work. It not as bad at the weekend as I can take my time and unwind. I take my med at night, I am on 40 mg since last Monday and everytme my dose increased the side effects start again. I am pinning all my hopes that these do work, as I have read so many positive feedback on them. Mental health is torture. Let take each day as it comes and we will get there x

• Posted

Shaking and feeling dizzy are side effects, yes.

Mornings were my worst time too, and like Anthony says, I also think it's your mind and body realising you have yet another day to get through.  When I recovered, the morning anxiousness was the last thing to disappear.

Remember this medicine works month by month, not week by week.  Each month you should see small changes only.  It takes a long time to recover, so accept everything that's thrown at you for now, persevere and in time you'll see the results.  

This is medicine was my saviour :-)

K x

• Posted

Hey Cosmickitty,

Yep thats a side effects for sure shaky and tremors I have them still after 12 weeks but everything else has subsided and feel great totally worth waiting it out! anxiety should subside also if it doesnt you may have to adjust dosage! if you are feeling better this early then its looking real good man This is good news as long as you know there are good and bad days in life and that citalopram takes a while to effectively work you will be fine smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.