Waking up in a panic everynight

Posted , 5 users are following.

like i was saying a couple months ago this thi g is horruble not only the stuff that happens during the day but the waking up in middle of night in a panic cant breathe sweating no matter gow many times it happens its always scary and takes hours to get back to sleep any suggestions???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I figured the panic would go away within 2 hours. It usually did, so I tried to sleep afterwards. lso, if the panic is fast heart beat I found an herbal extract-motherworth on Amazon, and it has been helping with the palps. I take one dropper full of the extract with water.

• Posted

mine is like a falling electric feeling then the hot surge then im up for hoyrs cuz the doom and gloom feeling. its jyst horrible. days used to be better but now i get the surges during day then the mood swings. i been on this forum for about a year and have learned so much im in awe as to how many women are going through this this vad seeking help from other women for some sort of comfort but in my last year have not found one dr who coukd help. i just send my hugs and hopes to get through another day

• Posted

Overheating in my sleep will definitely cause me to wake up in a screaming panic--usually on the tail of a nightmare. Do your panics come at about the same time? I wonder if it is related to a stage in your sleep cycle? Have you noticed if they are related to anything you eat? I think that old wives' tale is right about disturbed sleep and food. Are you drinking caffeine later in the day?

What is your exercise routine like? I am less likely to wake up screaming if I get 1/2 an hour of something.

But sometimes, even when I am careful, the panic comes and there's nothing I can do about it. I go outside with the dog to physically cool off and that helps too.

• Posted

Dear Jaynie

Im four years post meno and this happened to me, it came and went, i would wake up taking a second or so to remember to breath, pretty scary, unfortunately it was another symptom which came and went x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.