walking and hyperthyroidism

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I need some advice.  I was diagnosed with graves disease (hyperthyroidism) a few years ago and I've recently had a relapse.  I got laid off from my job last year and found a new one, I work in a restaurant.  I became very ill and weak due to symptoms, couldn't walk and had numbness and tremors in my arms and hands.  My Dr.  Took me off work beginning of may.  I saw my old endocrinologist last week and I'm on meds. My tsh levels are about 10 points over what it should be.

I have a follow up appointment with my Dr coming up this week as I'm supposed to be back to work. My diability payments from my sick leave hasn't come in yet and I've had to live temporarily with my sister because my landlord wasn't understanding of my June rent being late. My sister is making digs at me going back to work even though I'm still having tremors, I'm exhausted after going for 20 min walks, or light housework.  Im still not sleeping properly at night and I walk at the speed of an 85 year old and I'm 40. Should I not go to my Dr's appointment and go back to work in a week or two like my sister is telling me to do?  Will the meds (15 mg of Methimazole daily) help bring me back to speed.  I just need out of this nightmare.

So confused.  Any advice would be great.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Please get a copy of your lab tests and post the exact figures along with the ranges in brackets to this site and we can better advise you.  When running hyperthyroid, your body loses a lot of vitamins, minerals and amino acids that the body needs and taking these as supplements along with your meds helps restore your body.  I added Regular L-Carnitine, 3,000 mg, vitamin D3 1,000 to 5,000 IU per day and Magnesium 200 mg per day.  I got tested for these and was found to be deficient in them which I believe most hyperthyroid patients are.  You can also find herbal products like Lemon Balm that are calming without causing addiction.  The meds should help a lot but what I added to my treatment with supplements helped them work better.
  • Posted

Elisa ..please try to take in what Linda187 has told you In detail .., as her experience and treatment of Graves’ disease .. both professionally and personally have brought her to a place where she no longer suffers from the effects of Graves’ disease ...

there are many of us who have achieved Becomming Euthyroid 

ie.. normal !

.....And once that is achieved .. some people are soooo delighted that they get right back on with their lives , believing that they will stay that way !  Unfortunately that is NOT always the case !

We have found that in order to stay in remission we must apply ourselves a little by making sure that all the things that our OVERactive Thyroids robbed from us during our illness ..... We must .... REPLACE !

And maintain that new condition of remission .

You have begun that process by taking the anti thyroid meds 

Which given a little time , will hopefully bring your levels to normal .... that is when you should begin your regime of self help if you can and want to .

Blood results would help us help you .. so print them for us to see and advise.

You could try , as suggested , lemon Balm , in tincture form it is very good ....

also 

Motherwort   And...

Bugleweed 

The three mixed together in tincture form have helped me and others so much to calm and treat anxiety ... taken two or three times a day when  ‘hyper’

Symptoms are bad  you will begin to feel inner calm.

Please google each of them before you decide , as it is always wise to do so first.

Vitamin B 12 ,  B1  and B6 

Magnesium

D3   +  K2Mk7  

Are a few of the things that will initially help relieve your awful symptoms  ... of anxiety but again it’s important that YOU try to research  all of these things to help you refine your choices .

Try that for starters ... as there are other important vitamins minerals and nutrients  that will help tremendously.

Post your blood results soon as we will be able to advise better .

Luv mx🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.