Walking into pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I feel great sadness that after having a slight trip from power walking January 2015 that im nearly a year and my body is like on shut down

Im a 39 year old man who's Hiv postive

Today again I go for a healthy mile walk and again the bones and joints click very loudly, the foot and legs seem so stiff it's as if im the Tin man with no oil

New symptoms I get when walking have been very painful chafing as if someone's rubbing up and down under my skin with stinging nettles, then I get patches under my skin of my legs as if liquid or some substance is leaking

I get lots twitching and popping

I try to walk as I don't do any other form of excerise but I just end up with legs burning under skin like carpet burn and lots pain

Yet the consequences of not walking the recommendEs 10,000 steps are also huge

I feel stuck in sinking sad with no way out

If anyone knows of anything to help

I beg and bless you all for reading

Love Kristian xxxxx

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

The doctors are saying nothing is wrong?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've been to X Rays, neurology everything was normal

Been to 5 different Pysiothreapist with not much outcome sadly, one things I've overworked my muscles and I've got muscle fatigue but this happened last January 2015

I stopped doing Aerobics but im desperate to go back and get the endorphins Rush again, even if it does kill my legs

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would suggest hydro therapy instead, even though walking is fairly low impact swimming might be better.

Also have you maybe got arthritis or some other illness you have not been diagnosed with, just because you have HIV doesn't mean your immune to everything else.

Get more assertive with your GP, it sounds like you need to.

Is your diet healthy

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I like to think my diet is healthy, I can't bear the thought of swimming but many people have recommended to me

I went crazy with fitness at the beginning of this year in January after finding out the damage I done to myself by getting HIV

I became obsessed about power walking and loosing weight till I lost balance last January powerwalking and it's been hell ever since

Im dying to go back to Aerobics, I miss the endorphin rush

I've seen doctors nothing detacted wrong, X Rays were fine and my neurologist results were fine

A Pysiothreapist says its fatigue muscles but crikey this is now a year ago

Im tempted although in pain to go back to dancing

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You can power walk in the water,I've done it and the results are excellent.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Get to the swimming pool and walk as fast as you want. You can still get an endorphin rush--just need to change the method of exercise. Take care.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am another one of the people who would recommend you go swimming I'm afraid!!!

This way you will be exercising without actually putting weight on your legs.

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but I have to be honest.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up