Walking to far and sleeping

Posted , 1 user is following.

So I'm 12 days post opp from a rectocele prolapse repair. I'm finding it really hard to get comfortable at night going to sleep is there a certain way I should be lying to get comfy?. Also how will I know when iv walked to far? This morning my little diva princess wouldn't go to school with her dad. So he stropped of with my son to school and left her behind which wasn't the answer. So I threw on something loose and took a slow walk up to school (admitingly it's only normally a 5 min walk to school). I took it really slow up to the gates and then by the time I got back to by the shop my house seemed like it was miles a way. Did I push it to far?.xxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Whoah!

12 days is really early to be doing that, you're still in the early stages of recovering, and should be pottering about a bit at home, not doing the school run.

I'm not surprised you found it hard.

I'm just über two weeks post Rectocele op,plus laparoscopy, and feel totally shattered doing anything much.

Get your little princess and her dad sorted out, you need to get better and take it slowly unless you want the op to fail and have it done again.

Sleeping is uncomfortable for me also,I used to stay on my side all night, but have to keep changing position, but early days, things are still settling down, and the swelling is uncomfortable.

Try a cushion between your knees, if on your side, it keeps things slightly apart.xxx.

• Posted

Thanks suzy, it's cause there so a like that they just clash. It drives me mad. I think I just did it out of frustration this morning but definitely struggling now so sitting on my bum all day.xxx
    • Posted

Might not be the best position, bearing in mind what you've just had done. Lol!

I hope you have someone to collect them from school.

Don't do it to yourself, frustration is one of my traits " oh I'll do it myself then"

But the only person who will suffer is you. DON'T DO IT,

Can't be any clearer, I'm a hothead, and frustration got me a slipped disc, not great, I will never be right again.

So now I try to keep calm and look after myself, your man should have grown out of strops and be helping you.

Just try to realise, this is a slow healing procedure, and you need it to heal and for you to be better.

Chiiiiiiiiiil.:-)

• Posted

I know I'm am a bit like "I'll do it myself" kinda person so I know I need to chill. Lesson learnt. The hubby has been quiet good really I have to remind him to do thing sometimes but genuinely he's good. I just find it hard to nothing - I think I can do more than I can cause the pain has eased of a bit but I know I can't - getting a head of myself 😂. How do you feel?.xxx
    • Posted

When I'm resting I feel normal, but if I try to do too much, My legs are wobbly and I end up going for a lie down.

The first week I felt well enough to make a roast dinner, with help.

Afterwards, thought I was going to faint and felt sick with exhaustion, couldn't eat it anyway-- how stupid was I?

have now realised when physio told me six weeks at least, she meant six weeks, I've had the odd bored to death moments, but really six weeks isn't forever, and just because you can't see what's been done doesn't mean you are healed up yet. I don't want it to fail, had problems for years.

my husband's really good but not used to doing things, and like you I sometimes think it's easier to do it yourself than to ask all the time.

They are pretty clueless when they want to be! Xxx

• Posted

Men are definitely a bit clueless at times 😂 I just feel like I'm nagging. I cooked a roast last night with help from my little ones. And was shattered afterwards to. We are our own worst enemies suzy we've just got to remember to take it slow.xxx
    • Posted

Feed yourself, let them starve, they'll soon realise it doesn't magically do itself, Ha Ha!

No I wouldn't, but nothing wrong with micro meals and stuff on toast redface

I hope your hubby is feeling bad for leaving you with the little drama queen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.