want my joy back

Posted , 7 users are following.

At the beach with my hubby and he's asleep and I'm feeling down. I really need to enjoy myself 😔😔

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

The beach is a wonderful place to be, it is a happy and serene place in my eyes. Do what you think needs to be done to feel happy........ Feel your inner child, make sand angels, eat 3 ice creams in a row, get completely soaked in the sea with your clothes on. Try thinking outside the box, step out of your comfort zone, it might just do the trick
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh just look around at the beautiful world, the sea the coastline whatever you are at the seaside think of others who are no so fortunate!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Awww I so feel for you anxiety is crap it robs us of so much, but try not to let it completely spoil your day xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know what you mean completely and truly.

I had such a beautiful moment yesterday, I wont bore you with the details but I was having this beautiful moment and all of sudden I felt anxious and this thought of what is the point popped into my head and I couldn't get rid of it.

Today I have had an awful day. Really bad, worst in a long time.

I hate looking at something beautiful and inside feeling like I don't care or thinking what is the point or being at an event and everyone is laughing and enjoying themselves so you are smiling and laughing but you dont even know what the conversation is about because inside you are somewhere else entirely, well lets be honest, you are in hell inside your own head.

I play a game now and try and work out who else is playing the fake smiling game. Because the stats say 1 in 4 of them is. It is a distraction if nothing else.

Your joy will come back and feeling it will shock you. Try not to panic it away again but accept it and go with it. I keep scaring my joy away because when it pops up, my head goes whooaaa there what the hell is this feeling... then is disappears.

I would strongly disagree with some of the other comments that ask you to think that life is too short and that others are worse off. Beating yourself up with such thoughts is only going to make you worse and keep you in a low place.

Just keep looking and there you will find it, hidden but not gone. Honest

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much. I pray a lot and try to stay strong. I do go to counseling and have some amazing mentors. It's so much going on that it scares me yes other ppl do have it worse and i pray for them. I feel like I'm ruining my family and i cry when i look at my daughter because i want to see her grow up graduate from college get married and have kids and i want more kids. I get sad watching everyone else enjoying themselves and laughing and smiling. Ppl tell me push through and i do I'm a conqueror, but sometimes it's hard playing the im ok it's fine game.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up