Want to be off this

Posted , 3 users are following.

have been on valium  for three years at 5mg night and 2mg day. Obviously body now in tolerance and i would like to taper.

had different anti deps during this time, none have been tolerated except mirtazapine but never over 7.5,dr now getting me off them, down to 3.75.

got Ashton Manual but finding it hard to cut down to 1mg in day as a start.   Should i try to cut down 5mg slowly at night first, or has anyone any ideas.

i am anxious and agitated about everything and now suffering from post gallbladder syndrome where tests are not pleasant and im scared stiff but feel fatigued and unwell physically with all the nausea, runs and post gb pain.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann we have talked before l think you firstly need to get off the mirt which you seem to be lingering on.After that l would reduce the 5 mg dose by 0.5mgs and sit on that dose for a while and see how it goes.There is no right or wrong way however do not you your dose and keep moving forward.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice.  I think .5 is a sensible reduction at night to see how it goes.  How long do you think i might need to hold at that level?

i will not yoyo the dose but i do have sometimes to take 2mg or 3mg in day, this depends upon how i feel.

• Posted

Taper from your highest dose and sit for 2 or 3 weeks.If you get withdrawal don't put the diazepam dosage back up just allow them to pass be patient and take it steady

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.