Want to know if this is sexual assult

Posted , 5 users are following.

I want to know if this is concidered sexual assult. When I was 14 i had a boyfriend and he wanted to try some sexual stuff (fingering, handjobs, etc) and i said i wasnt ready and i didnt want to, he then replied that we could do that stuff once and if i didn't like it or want to continue i just had to say and we wouldnt anymore. So after doing that stuff once i said i didnt want to he said okay fine but next time we hung out he ended up trying to touch me, i said no but thoughout the day he kept doing it. Eventually i let him because i was sick of it and i thought i would get it over with. After that it kept happening every time we hung out. I said to him that i didnt want to and he told me he'd cheat on me or leave me if i didnt do that stuff. This continued on for almost a year. He was also seemingly obsessed with me and wouldn't leave me alone for a couple weeks after i broke up with him.

Im 18 now but the reason I'm asking if this is concidered sexual assult is because I saw him the other day and I got really upset and freaked out. I know that seems kinda weird but when i saw him all the memories of eveything came back to me and upset me. I dont want to press charges or anything, i just want to know.

Thanks, Ally

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ally,

you need to pass on, everybody in life would have passed similar kind.

to answer your question its 50/50, if you wanted to.. yes you can consider this as assault as you are kind of forced. But i move on...

• Posted

Hi Ally, yes it is absolutely assault. You clearly said no and repeatedly so and then he emotionally abused you by threatening to

Cheat. I'm not saying it to be cruel and it doesn't happen to everyone. It's not okay and you deserve to be able to talk about it. I would suggest maybe having a chat with an advice line etc someone who could point you in the right direction of someone to talk to about your emotions. Then you can begin to move on. I'm so sorry to hear this has happened. It has happened to me too twice only the second time I was a lot older and I was asleep after I had said no. I see a counsellor now who helps me to deal with how it has made me feel with trusting people etc.

I hope you can get it sorted. PS I outed the boyfriend who did it to me, it made me feel a bit better. 

Lots of love

Jo x

• Posted

Hi Jo,

Thank you for your advice, I'll have a look at the things you suggested

Thanks, Ally

• Posted

Sure she said, but she kept hanging out with the guy. That doesn't make what he did right but she kept going back to see him. At that age She was a bit naive if she thought he just wouldn't try anymore. I'm Not saying it right though.

• Posted

After you say no nonverballyor verballly and he proceeded than yes it is completely sexual assult. Always! I am very sorry that happened. I know what it is like.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.