Want to thank everyone here!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys, it's been quite a while I haven't been here. But I remember everything I have been through for almost two years and how you all helped me when I thought I was about to die or go crazy. I wanted to write this to give all of you hope that you can beat what is occupying and controling your life, like I did. I got rid of panic attacks and what's left from my anxiety doesnt control me any more. I CONTROL It Now.

I stared with sport. I made myself go out and run. It was terribly difficult to do,To run like crazy when you have pain around your heart. I just made myself believe that even if I'm going to die it not gonna be alone at home, around my kids. I got it into my mind that even if I die it's going to be fighting. I was also taking pills during that time which was Atarax, sobril (benzo) mirtazapine, paraflex. Like all of you I have tried a lot of medication. Some of them sent me directly to the emergency room breathless. Now I take only 15 mg mirtazapine 1 hour before sleep.

After doing sport for about 2 months, all of a sudden all pain around my heart, chest disappeared. Doctor explained and it sounds logical that my muscles got strong and my puls is more stable now cos my heart pumps more blood by each beat.

Second step was to go out and be around other people more and I did it by forcing me, God knows it was not easy. It was actually going to hell and back. It took time but was worth it. It includes going to the swimming pool with kids, parks meeting other perants and so on. Basically I learnt to occupy my mind 24 hours a day. Work, sport, kids, friends, all this helped me to bring my life back. I can't say I'm 100 percent the same person as I used to be before anxiety got me, but I'm definitely back by 85 percent for sure. I know we all are different and I know many of you will say it won't work, but if I can give hope for even 2 of you, I'll be happy. Just belive you can find your way out. I know it's possible now))).

8 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well done Terri 😊 It’s nice & reassuring to hear successs stories. Xx

• Posted

Jodie, you'll have your own success story soon, keep fighting)))

• Posted

This is so just what I needed to read today - thank you. I’ve spent the last few years (on and off) worrying about health and dying which is lead to panic attacks. I’m in a bit of a slump with it at the moment and have been a bit tearful today with it so this was just the pick me up that I needed! Thank you and I’m really happy for you 😊

• Posted

Jay believe me, soon you'll learn to not be afraid of it. You'll accept that worrying won't change anything. You'll just live your life without worrying about it))) have faith dear. You'll win this fight.

• Posted

Congrats Terri! Keep up the work ! Glad to hear that you got rid of the panic attacks as I know they are horrible ! How did you control your anxiety may I ask ? I mean like how do you control them when an attack got triggered. Thank you for any advice. 
    • Posted

Hi Mag. The biggest step forward was when I got rig off my chest pain, it lowered the frequency of panic attacks and that in its turn lowered anxiety. When I see an attack coming I sit on the floor and accept the fact that I'm going to have a 'problem' soon or even an attack and I tell myself that I'm used to it so this one not gonna be different. I also was taking sobril at that time but not more than 3 times a week cos it's benzo. I took it when I felt I have no strength left and wanted to have a little break. I taught myself not to be afraid of them and accepted it as a part of everyday life, just like having a headache for example. It worked somehow for me. Or if I have someone near me during that time, I asked them to distract me. Or I can just put on my sneakers and run out. I sometimes imagine I'm running away from it and it gives more strength to run.

After I got rid of chest pain, anxiety tried to express itself in other symptoms like brain zaps or extreme cheek bone pain, the ones people have during migraine. The key of controlling it, is to stop being afraid of it. I also accepted the fact that even if anything bad happens to me I won't help or change it by going crazy or worrying about it all the time. I fount confort in nature too, it may sound weird I guess. Like when I'm running I close my eyes and try to feel the wind on my face, feel the sounds around me, it calms me down.

At night I still take 15 mg mirtazapine, it puts me to sleep 1 hour before taking it, even if I don't want to sleep. Hope this will help you and if anything please ask. I know what it is and I would like to help everyone suffering from it as much as I can. Stay strong. Hugs...

• Posted

Hi Terri

It's so lovely to hear positive stories on this site. Anxiety makes us very single minded and all we can think about are our symptoms and the negatives when we all need to try and push aside anything detrimental to our mental wellbeing and focus on the positives - I know how difficult this is to achieve.

Hearing your happy ending is such a boost for me and I hope I can achieve the same in the future.

Thank you Terri x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.