Wanting to get pregnant and taking fluoxetine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

My husband and I really want to start a family but I am taking fluoxetine 20mg for anxiety. I have spoken to my doctor and she has explained that I should come off them to conceive and for the 1st trimester then if needed can go back on them.

Does anyone have any experience of taking ADs while pregnant? I know each person differs but just wanted to hear how others got on. Any experiences, tips or advice would be really appreciated.

Doc has explained that fluoxetine is the safest one (mainly because its one of the oldest I think so they have been able to do more research on it)

Thanks very much

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Well done for wanting to start a family my advice would be to listen to your GP she above anyone else would be the only advice I would take and good luck I'm sure you will find that having something special growing inside will help xxxxxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey - thanks so much for replying smile i've always wanted a family and just keep putting it off because of the anxiety … trying to accept that anxiety is part of me and just want to do a lot of research in to having a family and suffering from anxiety. Was wondering if anyone was in the same situation as me, or even been through it and has some positive stories for me

Thanks xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's great on here isn't it everyone is just so friendly with good advice just like a family you can moan at but they don't complain xxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

haha …. yes it is good. Hoping someone will see this thread with some knowledge/ experience about being pregnant and taking medication and can offer me some reassurance smile xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up