was doing so good and then seemed to take a dive. help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a,pretty good week last week some anxiety but really easy to handle for the most part.

My son was coming to visit and I started panicking on my way to pick him up at the airport. I was pretty anxious because we were doing a,lot of running around etc. I love my son and we have a,great relationship so it shouldn't have brought anxiety but comfort.

I don't understand why I have had this horrible anxiety. Could it be because it disrupted my schedule?

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Disruption can be anxiety inducing. We cling to the safety of our comfort zone which is only natural. Our lives very much consists of habits as we go through each day. Add disruption to the excitement of your son visiting you probably created adrenalin overflow.

Try not to worry or associate his visit as something you found hard to handle dear. Anxiety is a beast that comes out of nowhere and for no reason for some reason or other. Even though we might wonder, Why now? we rarely find the answer. Just see it as a minor setback that like as not would have happened had you bein going about an ordinary day.

Enjoy your sons visitsmile I have sons and I love them to bits but even I can be a bit trembly and edgy when they visit. It has nothing to do with them or my love for them and everything to do with me and my anxiety disorder.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you, I was so happy he was coming and I guess that excitement did bring some adrenaline and of course anxiety.

Need to take a walk now and hopefully burn off some anxiety or cortisol

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Going to the airport in and of itself can trigger a panic attack.theres been too much in the media with all that and maybe you dont realize this but it was in the back of your mind. That happens. So now you a bit anxious and yes yiur routine has been broken up, but for a great reason so your body is just acting out a bit. Give it a couple of days to calm itself down and enjoy your time with your son. Anxiety attacks are not fair game they react to any over load of stimuli so keep that in mind. Just keeo teeling yourself your okay and safe and you arent interested in all these symotoms and feeling right now because you are going to enjoy your time with your son. And they act on that and go do something. Your body will have to learn that this reaction to this situation is incorrect and ride thru whatever its doing but dont feed into it. It doesnt require or deserve any more attention from you. Eventually it will retreat, it always does and always will. Do not start thinking abiut the sensations, you will make your body rememeber the symptoms and cause further programming of the mind body connection with anxiety. It sucks, and it is so annoying at times but it is a part of all us. And if we all learn to properly deal and manage it it won't be so disruptive. It will pass! It will. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up