Was my anti depressent working after all or am i just having withdrawl

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on sertraline now for nearly a year started on 20 then have been on 40 since dec

anyways i wasnt sure it was helping so stopped taking it a week ago (i know you shouldn't go cold turkey) i forgot to take the tablets away with me for the weekend and then when I got home decided perhaps id be ok without them

anyway since yesterday i keep bursting into tears have no motivation n my head feels all over the place 

i reconise this feeling well as this was how i felt before starting my anti depressents 

my question is do you think I'm just having withdrawals or do you think my depression is creeping back?

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry am on citalopram not sertraline
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think it shows that the medication was working......and that you shouldn't have stopped taking them.  You should have consulted your doctor in any case. 

It's a no brainer.....you are feeling as you did before the meds.....maybe you should stay on the meds.

Hope it works out for you,

Pat

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Anna you should never stop taking any medication with out your gp say so.you need to see your gp. from my husbands experience it can cause problems if you stop taking them suddenly. it could be your depression returning, but you really need to see your gp as soon as your able to. take care gentle hugs
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I am on sertraline but I am not sure what you mean being on 20 then 40?  As far as I am aware there are only 50 mgs,  100 mgs,  150 mg,  and 200 mg. 

I think you have answered your own question as it does seem your depression is coming back.   x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up