water infection

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have any of you suffered with water infections. I didn't have a catheter in but my waterworks have not been right since the operation. I don't know whether it's connected or not. Going docs on Monday and taking a sample.x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The big question, how's your fluid intake. Medication, excercise and other factors can slow down kidney function causing infections and urination. Good to have it checked out just in case. In the meantime make sure you are drinking large quantities
  • Posted

I agree with OFG it is so important to get at least 2 litres a day. You should be passing urine that is light yellow to clear, if it is dark you are not drinking enough. If you have a fever with burning on passing urine and back pain you need to be seen immediately as the infection may has ascended into your kidneys which needs urgent antibiotics.

they usually catheterise you during surgery, maybe they did then they removed the catheter. With most hip and knee replacements they leave it in for a day or two

• Posted

I had a water infection a few days after coming home from hospital got some antibiotics from doctor 
  • Posted

I have had a few water infections but not sure if they are related to TKR operation. Hope yu sort this out with doctor. Drink plenty.

Sarah x

• Posted

Right after the operation I did have this problem, for about four days. . I had an antibiotic with me, but didn't want to take it until I could see the urologist, and he said it was OK, and by that evening I was OK . . since then i take Cranberry tablets every day.  Are you sure they didn't use a catheter during the operation?  i know that is quite common . . I certainly didn't have one when i came out of the theatre, but what went on before I have no idea!
  • Posted

hi joan no i never had that problem but when i had my tkr i got information leaflet going home and also the nurse told me if you have infection or think you have in the waterworks then you must get antibiotics A.S.A.P. its thought that infection spreads and with inplants its more a problem make sure you take a sample to rule it out never worth ignoring i dont mean to worry you but safer to check

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.