Water on the knee

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 4 months post thr. Although I have very little knee pain, swelling is still a problem as it makes it difficult to straighten my leg all the way.

Up until now I've assumed knee arthritis must be causing it. But now I'm not so sure.

Has anyone had lasting knee swelling after your hip replacement?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am actually now six months post op with my left hip replacement. My left knee is still in a lot of pain. They don't know what's wrong. I had no pain prior to my surgery and have had pain 24/7 everyday since my hip surgery. Have had MRI nothing is showing. They think now it is nerve pain. I am seeing a neurologist next week. So over all of this. Sorry you are having issues also.

Ellen

• Posted

I am 2 years post THR and i recently started noticing pain and stiffness in my knee

• Posted

Hi Joy,

I am 6 months post hip replacement and still have some knee swelling. The pain and swelling has considerably reduced since around 4 months, but knee still isn't right. I'm due an ultrasound but it has been deferred since lockdown. I think the lessened movement during lockdown i.e. not driving and up and down in the office all day has helped my knee. I also started taking JointAce Max around 2 months ago, so it may also be that that has helped.....or simply time to heal, who knows, but thankfully for me things are improving.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.