Watery stools

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

i,ve been taking 30mg of lansoprazole for an ulcer and acid reflux for 10 weeks now and for the last two weeks I,ve had to run to the toilet every morning it's just like water and the smell is awful my doctor told me to try buscapan which hasn't really helped does anyone else have this problem with this medication?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joyce

I have been on omeprazole for several weeks now ,

I have  been fluctuating from Loose stools to constipation ,

I have my endoscopy in March ,

So hopefully i can get an answer,i have had nausea ,lack of appetite,sweats ,

They come with serious side effects if you ask me .

I have pruchased a product called Symprove 12 weeks programme,

So hopefully it will help my digestive issues.

• Posted

HI mike I also get nausea wake in the night sweating and generally feeling unwell my doctor says its anxiety not the medication but I was ok before I started the meds
  • Posted

yes I had this problem it really upset my bowels and stomach..had to reduce the meds..
    • Posted

HI  Viv did you reduce the Meds yourself or did the doctor tell you to .  I,m taking 30mg lansoprazole every day but I,m afraid of reducing it because it might not get rid of my ulcer does anyone know how long it should take for an ulcer to go.
    • Posted

my stomach became bloated and my stools very yellow and like water..needed to make urgent visit to the bathroom a lot..it all so make me feel very depressed..
  • Posted

I was taking 30mg as well but I didn't have a ulcer.just acid reflux.. lansoprazole made my tummy feel bloated and my stools very yellow and were like water..it also made me feel depressed..

• Posted

It's important to eat yogurt to return the bacteria you need while on PPI. Also take vitamin B12, Calcium, and D3. Because PPI depleat these vitamins.

• Posted

I have started to have a probiotic drink and yogurt every day to see if things get any better and will look into taking the vitamins you,ve mentioned thanks
  • Posted

I'm happy to hear about taking the vitamins.  My bloodwork done a few months ago showed low Vitamin D.  I bought the Vitamin D3 but haven't been really taking it (another pill!)

I take so many pills.  I know vitamins are "good" pills but it just seems hard to get all the pills down each day.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up