WE LIVE ANOTHER DAY

Posted , 8 users are following.

how is that we have anxiety all day convincing ourselves were, going to die or get ill or something we go to bed we wake up, we do it all again.

why cant we break this cycle?

Rachel

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

In my opinion we never really get rid of it at all we have to learn how to deal with it and manage itcool
  • Posted

It's so true. It's a vicious cycle everyday no matter how much we realize it's all in our heads. Anxiety is the worst and prevents us from living a 'normal' life.

But we have to try to reassure ourselves that we get through these difficult days. Our brain is so powerful there has to be a way to override these thoughts....without meds....I'm on clonazepam almost daily which helps....hesitating to start back on an antidepressant as I feel that it caused more damage than good.

Are you taking anything?

• Posted

Hi Sandi,

I take prozac and propranol and occasional valium, 

ive tried everything in the pst, venaflaxine, sertraline but back on prozac again as only one i dont get side effects with.

I cant remeber the last time i had a good day

My anxiery is def based around health, heart, death.

i was diagnoed with depession 20 years ago (im 41), panice attack about 7 years ago but about the last year ive had anxiety and its getting worse ive had CBT, use relaxtion apps etc but still cant get the conatatnt anxiety thoughts out of my head 

Rachel xx 

• Posted

Rachel I saw you took propranolol. Do you know the blood pressure limits with that med?

My doc said don't take it if your top number is lower than 100. My bp tends to run low around 95/75 and sometimes a little lower depending on my stress level. I have akathesia for some reason. I'm guessing it's because my Paxil has quit working. My heart races and I have really bad tremor. When this happens I start feeling flu-like and just feel horrible. Do you remember what your bp was when you started taking it? Or maybe how much it lowered your bp?

• Posted

I'm sorry I didn't see this until now. Too many notifications in my email.

I'm so sorry you are going thru this. I wish I had an answer and can solve all our problems however I am in the same boat.

I can completely relate to how you're feeling. I struggle everyday as well...when I can...I try to keep busy as it helps keep my mind off things...the mind is so powerful and not easy to control. My ocd is out of control.

I'm awaiting to have cbt therapy. Have u had it or awaiting to?

Xx

• Posted

This is my life on a daily basis just now wake up each day thinking this is it the day something will happen to me it's terrible but we just need to get through it xx
    • Posted

You seriously have to change the way you think. Wake uo and be grateful for another day for anything and everything. To change all this you have to think differently now.
  • Posted

That's a really good question, I wish I knew the answer..im also going through the same thing...my anxiety is so extreme I can't even sleep... By what I've read we need to change the way we think..easier said than done
  • Posted

You can break the cycle. Not saying you wonr have anymore anxiety attacks, thats a mal function but how you react to it is your choice. Easier said then done but it can be done. To do it you need to understand the science of what anxiety even is, then cbt and mindfullness breathing. Then go for it and when the sensory overload occurs and it mal functions and gives you an anxiety you will have the resources and tools to manage it. It takes time and practice and a lot of focus and setbacks. But it is doable. Some use medications which work for half the people at least but you have to realize you will be weaning of it at some ooint as well. This is a horrible, unfair thingthat we all are facing. It is imoortant to have a lot of self love and use a ton of rationale and breathing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.