Weakness a

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies.  It's nearly a year since I developed this symptom whereby the left hand side of my body feels weaker than the right and it's very distressing.  My left hand twitches when I sleep often waking me up and this really freaks me out.  Sometimes I clench my fists not realising what I'm doing until my hands ache.  I've seen many doctors as well as a neurologist but they've all said it's anxiety.  Why is this only affecting one side of my body?  Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms?

Thanking you in anticipation.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

What this process does is make the nerves fire off indiscriminately. That is what causes the sudden jolt in your hand that wakes you with a start. I get it in the soles of my feet so I know what you are going through. This year it may favour your left side, next year your right it may well suddenly change without warning. And anxiety will make any and all of the meno symptoms 100 times worse as the imbalanced hormones play nasty tricks on our minds too. Hope this eases your fear a little, you must try not to get so anxious about it all and try to relax it will make things much easier for you. Always here if you need me hun. XXX
    • Posted

Thanks Tina for the reassurance and your kindness.  Take care of yourself and I hope that you have a wonderful week.  Kind regards to you and yours.  🌷🙏💐

• Posted

faz, for some reason the left hand side is usually affected. Not sure who, someone needs to do a study on this!
    • Posted

Thanks Suzanne.  All the best to you.  🌺💐🌻

• Posted

Hi, Faz,

I also have this weakness.  It just started over last few months.  I get this weird buzzy, vibrating feeling in my bottom, calf and foot sometimes, too.  My estrogen is extremely low,,as is my progesterone.  My doctor says this weakness and buzzy feelongs are due to the extreme horminal fluctuations during peri.  The sensation is driving me crazy.  It comes and goes and is on my left side.  It males me terribly amxious.  I have had a lot of testing and it all points to hormones.  I am so sorry you are having to deal with this, too.  I have been in peri now for over five years. So many bizarre symptoms.  This one had me really rattled.

Please know you are not alone.  Big hugs.  XX Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah.  I really appreciate you getting in touch and sharing your health issues so candidly.  I pray that you find comfort and ease soon as five years is a long time to be suffering with these symptoms.  Take care and all the best to you and your family.  🌻🌷🙅🏻

• Posted

Thank you, Faz.  All the very best to you and your family, too!  I know we will get through this!  Sending you healthy wishes!  —Sarah
  • Posted

I also get this. It is really bad when I try to sleep.
    • Posted

Hi Belinda.  Sorry to hear that you too are suffering with this symptom and that it's affecting your sleep.  Sleep deprivation is probably the worst feeling because it makes all the other symptoms difficult to cope with.  I hope that you feel better soon.  Take care of yourself and I hope that you feel better soon.  Kind regards- Faz.  🌺🌻🌷💐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.