Weaning off serterline ( it's not working anymore) to go into venlaflaxine ... so scared ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on serterline for years 200mg ... the doctor thought I was ok so weaned me down but it triggered my depression and anxiety again so was put back up to 200mg 5 weeks ago but still do not feel any different and I am really struggling so the doctors has suggested venlaflaxine but I have to be weaned of the serterline first but that scares me to feel like I do for another 4 weeks ... please help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caz,

I know it's scary but if the sertreline isn't working you need start somewhere to get back to health. I have had to change medications a few times when they have pooped  

pout on me. Talk to your doctor about options for keeping you comfortable while you switch med's.

And there is always many someone's here to talk to. You are not alone.

Good luck

Laurie

• Posted

Thank you ... the doctor has told me to take diazepam regularly and also a sleeping tablet ... and I have also been referred to a mental health team ... I'm not suisidal ... I love my life and I just want to feel normal again so I can enjoy it ... I'm fed up with crying xx

• Posted

I completely understand. None of us wants to feel anything but happy and normal, and you will again. Try and be patient. Take all the help and support you can get.

It's okay to cry. Sometimes it just releases some pressure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.