Webber B fracture

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi all , 

took a fall yesterday and diagnosed at a&e with Webber B break. 

I am 58 year old and have type 1 diabetes from a very young age . 

I was wondering how many of you needed an operation to plate it?

its stable at the moment so fingers crossed when I return to fracture clinic on Wednesday it will be fine . 

Also how long to weight bearing or partial weight bearing ? 

Thanks in anticipation 

jacky

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi jacky

I had a Webber c fracture back in February which required a screw in it I went to fracture clinic and they put me straight on a ward for an emergency operation only because they misdiagnosed it the week before as they just said I broke my ankle but the fracture clinic said I dislocated my ankle and broke my leg. I was in a cast for 10 weeks then when my cast came off I wasn't allowed to weight bear for a further 2 weeks it took another 8 weeks for me to walk without crutches it's still abit sore but the Dr told me I will be in pain for around a year as I still have the screw in as I refused to get it taken out..hopefully you won't have to go through all that I'm not sure what a Webber b fracture is

• Posted

O god you certainly went through it. Webber b , as I understand is where the fibula breaks close to the ankle bone , fingers crossed for Wednesday for me . 
  • Posted

I fractured my fibula 2 weeks ago in France. They casted it said it was not displaced. Flew back to the US, doctor said I could walk on it in a boot. I did , seemed like it was healing. Went to doctor at home, he xrayed, bone was displaced, he said the break was too low and would never hearl right and put a plate and 3 screws in 5 days ago. I have a plaster splint on, that allows for swelling. I have to wear it 12 days, then they put on a fiberglass cast for3-5 weeks. I have to be non weight bearing for the casts and then I assume I can start walking. Not sure yet. I did not want the surgery, but felt I had no choice. The procedure was not too bad. I had issues with the anesthesia, which is rare. I can't take narcotics, so the first 2 days were a little painful. I took Celebrex and tylenol which helped. My pain was almost gone by the 3rd day. It was very hard to hang my leg down the first 2 days, but now on the 5th day it is les swollen and I'm not taking anything for pain. Figuring out all the logistics is part of deal, like bathing, eating, dressing and what not. My husband is retired and he is making it possible to be alive.  The idea of being in cast for another 5 weeks is overwhelming at first, but that seems to get easier too. Now, I'm focused on how to entertain myself until I can take an ambien and go to sleep. Well wishes to you and a speedy recovery.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up