Wedding in two weeks - The best way to cope?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 30 year old male due to get married in two weeks. I suffer from anxiety and tension. I take diazepam only when i really need it as i've always been a bit anti-drugs. I hate being the centre of attention as this causes anxiety attacks. Do i take the diazepam before the ceronmy and not drink (im not a big drinker either but feel like with friends and family its almost impossible not to). Or do i have a few drinks before hand to calm my nerves and anxiety (just enough to calm me not get drunk). Or would i be okay to take the diazepam (5mg) and have a few drinks after? Its difficult as alcohol and champagne are all part of the our wedding. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Nobody has a gun to your head telling you to drink alcohol. If they understand you suffer from anxiety and you've committed to taking something to calm it down, people should respect it. I'm anti-drugs too but sometimes (under certain circumstances), medication is unavoidable, and I couldn't think of a better example than taking it before your wedding.
  • Posted

i agree with boing333.

firstly, congratulations on your wedding.

secondly it is your special day and you can decide not to drink if you want. if it helps, talk to someone in advance eg best man / parents / friend and explain the situation and ask them to support you. eg if anyone comments that you are not drinking then whoever you select can support you out of the situation. there is no obligation to drink. in terms of the cermonial stuff, toasts etc you can easily put a glass of champagne to your mouth along with everyone else - nobody needs to know (or care) whether you have just wet your lips or actually drunk some.

wishing you all the very best

• Posted

grind it into a powder and mix with a glass of water...works immeadiately..and who know you might actually your big day!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.