Week 1

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

First week on the pills. I have been really good and have lost 3lb. However, I was beginning to think I had a dummy pill, as I have a friend that has been on these and who had told me about her orange poo...... I usually have porridge for breakfast and either jacket potato or healthy sandwich for lunch and my teas are quite good too so all my bodily functions have been normal.

It took all my strength not to weigh myself at every opportunity but I really don't want to do that, so was pleasantly chuffed at my weigh in.

I did have a fattier day on saturday as in i had toast for breakfast, little marg, 1 piece of cake, and still bodily functions were ok.... So today at the gym I started thinking that I had been given a dummy pill??!! So came home and had sausage and bacon butty. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I did have an orange poop.... and I was very happy I did, just to prove to myself that they are the fat police, that I can't \"get away with it\" and that I have been eating the right foods all week.

I can't talk about bodily functions to my family I think they will think it is gross, but I was really happy with this action :lol: if you know what I mean.

Roll on week 2.

Em

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

haha i felt exactly the same..

ive been so good and had no side effects!

well i had a lasangna the other night for tea and was sure id get side effects! and i didnt :?

had a happy meal last night from mc donalds and this morning i had side effects!!

was quite happy to see that haha as disgusting as it sounds haha :D

• Posted

you may find the side effects take a few days to occur, depending on how much you overstep by. whenever i have had some chinese special fried rice i have had oil in my poo when i have gone 2 days later, at the time it was my fortnightly treat and i rigidly stuck to about 20g fat a day on all other days so it was deffinately the chinese!

so that lasagne might be showing the effects now or it may have not been enough and the happy meal may have been waaaaay over!

• Posted

Oh you are all so BRAVE - I have had no side effects - presumabley because I have been sticking to it religiously.

Even if I have a dummy pill, its working because its made me too scared of the consequences of not sticking to it. I wouldnt mind a mild side effect in exchange for a small treat - but without knowing how much of an effect a certain treat may cause I dont think I'll bother.

After reading some horror stories of \"not making it to the loo\" I am not sure I want to risk it.

I am however approaching the end of my first month on the tablets and I know that the tablets only work on fat content, not calories, but I am fancying SWEETS - so will get myself a WHOLE bag of marshmellows (fat free) and enjoy the LOT !! That will be Wednesday, providing I get the 2lb loss I want !!

Keep it up

Clare x x

Week 1 - 3lb

Week 2 - 1lb

Week 3 - 4lb

Week 4 (hoping for 2lb)

• Posted

altho a lot of sweets are fat free they have high calories, obviously the pill only works on the fat but calories contribute to weight so be mindful when tucking into your marshmellows.

when i go for sweets which i have done from time to time its been flumps - 'smellowy goodness smile

have you checked out the weightwatchers range? i have quite a few of their frozen deserts which are between about 1.5 and 4.5g fat theres some nice ones which can be had as pudding if your dinner is low

• Posted

love this thread, think all of us have gone thro the \"wonder if these really work\" and as we all find out they do. smile

Over the last couple of weeks I have been to some social functions where eating and drinking has been the call of the day so I just didn't take a tablet those evenings but did still try to stick to as low a fat choice as I could.

I do find myself checking everything now and questioning how much fat is in things before eating so hopefully this will be a long term re education for me and I can stick to a low fat diet once the pills have been removed.

• Posted

Yeah I've had a few occasions where I've cooked something that has no fat etc, and I've still had a reaction... like to chilli, no oil added, the mince is steak mince from my butchers that has so little fat I need to add water to it so it can cook as no oil comes off it, then before I add the tomato etc I drain off all the water so that any traces of fat go too, add the rest (all fat free / low fat) and I still have the reaction! Some things just arent fair, but obviously this is just short term, all for the greater good of the long term goal :D
  • Posted

Hi

Well aware of the calories in sweets - however, if I make it to Wednesday and lose the 2lb I want then I figure I deserve the treat.

I have not had chocolate, crisps or butter for one month...... a bag of marshmellows will be well earned - and I will try and find the sugar free ones too...... I cant wait.....I havent really missed crisps or chocolate but I have missed marg.

My mouth actually watered when I buttered hubbys toast !! I am sure there are alternative spreads but I prefer to use my allowance on dressing for my salad. Mayo just adds that bit of luxury to a salad and when you are cutting out alot of other things I think its important to make the meals as nice as possible. Mayo is someting I love so would much rather use my allowance on that.

Realistically, if I am having beans on toast I dont even \"NEED\" margerine !!

x x x

• Posted

Damn right!

We need some kind of vice / reward, and I really don't see the harm in the 'odd' bag of marshmallows or fat free treat, I do the same smile As long as it's not regularly and that you're exercising it's really not an issue to reward yourself from time to time, I actually think it's very healthy being able to do so in moderation smile

• Posted

I'm so pleased with everyones responses, thanks smile

Bodily functions getting back to normal now and back on it.

My birthday is in June and am hoping to be at least a size smaller, so I can fit into the 2 pairs of jeans I bought that do not fit me!!!! yet smile

Then holiday in October when I'm hoping that my birthday jeans will be too big :D

I just hope I'm not putting too much pressure on me, but I do feel like this could be the time that I do actually do what I say and not the person that falls off the wagon, the one they roll their eyes at as if to say they've heard it all before sad

Em

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up