week 10 for daughter. a good week

Posted , 6 users are following.

today is the start of week 10.

week 9 went well, i can now see my daughters normal personality, what it was before she became poorly. she still likes the safety of home, and "blanket" time, but she is proberbly 95% there!

side effects are still there, she gets fidgity, she clenches her jaw, and this makes her jaw/teeth hurt so much, and sleep can be hit and miss, BUT thats an improvement as before she didnt sleep for weeks! the night sweats seem to be easing.

she has developed such a sweet tooth!! chocolate has never been a thing she would reach for, but now, crikey, she suddenly loves it, we are hoping this side effect wears off sharpish!!

i found this forum when i panicked, daughter was a few days into this medicine, and she was seeing smoke coming off things, convinced it was real, i needed to try and find some answers, i want to say  THANKYOU to all that have helped us, without you, i would proberbly have got the gp to change her tablets, prolonged her recovary, and who knows what could have happened.

she can deal with the side effects now, we are hoping in time, that they all go, but for us, for the last week, its been happy, what more can we ask! fingers crossed this week, week 10 the happiness continues. keep smiling, and once again, thankyou, i really couldnt have done it without your help. xx

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

karen!!!  you are  A   WONDERFUL  MOTHER!!!!!!   thank you for sharing!!!  you are amazing in how you  are grsteful yet you share how painful the ride has been for your daughter through your eyes.......you are a wonderful resource!
    • Posted

thankyou, what lovely words, it has been hard, no denying it, in the beginning, goodness, it turned or world upside down, through reading on here, we learnt to accept the side effects, infact we leant what was side effects, and what was actual depression, and the biggest thing of all was CALM, breathe through it, and tiny steps. hold on tight and hide under a blanket when it gets too tough to handle,  and each day set one goal, get out of bed, wash hair, have a shower, then gradually it was to go out the front door,  get in the car ect, all baby steps. oh, and blanket days are your best friend, not something to beat yourself up about. xx

• Posted

Hi karen

That is such wonderful news! Im so pleased for you both as I know you've been through it all with her apart from physical stuff so im sure its been really hard on you too.

Thank you for sharing it all and all your kind words and advice-its been lovely reading your post n getting your kind messages hope she continues to improve all the way.

Take care of you both. Luv n hugs

Vix

• Posted

love and hugs to you too vix, i hope today is a smiley sunshine day for you. i never thourght week 10 would come a round so quickly!! those early days didnt half drag, since week 7 its been on the up, and no real blips, she has gone from 24/7 crying and hiding, to back to being independant, i still get constant texts, but i would miss them now if they wernt there!!

one month ago on 10 dec we went out for a meal, and she sat and cried, we then went to a shop with 1 person in, and she had a panic, it was too busy, she couldnt even drive her own car on her own for the anxiety

such a long journey, in such a short space of time,  how are you doing? is it the dr for you this week? i hope your feeling brighter my lovely. smile

• Posted

Im not so good, very blue n anxious (feels like step back as most days not just the odd bad one). Yep seeing dr tomoz so hopefully she'll offer some help -its nearly 20wks on ssris for me in total and although physically miles better I was expecting the emotional side to be more improved too.

Ho hum the joys of this illness. As you say, very long journey.....I'll get there in the end.:-)

Take care

Vix

• Posted

I hope the dr can help tomorrow and find a solution for you, have you thourght what you will do if dr wants to up your meds to next dose? Maybe that would help, will be thinking of you, let us know how you get on. Xx
  • Posted

That's brilliant news Karen :-)  So pleased your little girl is back with you ....... such a relief after going through such a difficult time for you all.

biggrin

• Posted

thanks kate, its been a very bumpy ride since the beginning of oct last year when she first got poorly with her tummy. but, its now looking good, and i think she has turned the corner,

i hope you are doing ok, and i hope your son is settling on the higher dose?

keep smiling. xx

• Posted

I think experiencing this illness, directly or indirectly, makes you such a stronger person.  That bumpy road turns into a nice smooth one eventually :-)

My son is having a really tough time at the moment, so back to taking one day at a time.  Always 2 steps forward, 1 step back.  We'll get there.

• Posted

oh bless him, does he have anyone else besides you he can chat too? maybe chatting to my daughter would help?  he will get there,  in time, its just so hard, and hard for you to watch. but there is always hope, and tomorrow is always another day. much love. xx
    • Posted

No he hasn't anyone else other than me to really chat about it.  Mmmm yes he could chat to your daughter, bless you, .... don't want to burden her though ;-/

Yes, watching and waiting for symptoms to ease again.  Very painful indeed, but more so for him sad

• Posted

Hi kate

Sorry to hear your sons struggling again, do you think its change of dose? I know its hard for him and for you too watching him suffer :-( I think you n karen are amazing with your kids - so strong for them.

Hope he feels brighter soon

Ttfn

Vix

• Posted

I can ask her and see what she says. I have no idea how to private message on here, but im happy to chat to him too if that would help. Xx
    • Posted

I think it was the usual setback/blip that was happening, and now with the medication increase he's struggling with the side effects again.

I've suffered in the past myself so know exactly what he's going through, and all of you too.  Watching it repeat itself in our family is hard.

• Posted

Oh bless you Karen xx. I'll ask him and see what he says. 

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.