Week 10 on Prozac

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I started at 20 mg for 4 weeks, then my dr upped me to 40 mg for 3 weeks, then 60 for 2 weeks, and now I am at 80 mg for the past 10 days. I am still  experiencing horrible anxiety, severe OCD especially the obsessive component, and crying spells and sadness. Is this normal? I felt fine after up to 60 for a couple days but then it went bad again. And since switching to 80 I haven’t had any good days. How long will this take and is this normal?  I am 27 years old and desperate for help, since no one will take me seriously sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also I should note I have been on amd off Prozac since I was 11 because it kept pooping out. I don’t remember it taking this long to kick in a few years ago so I am searching fo answers why this time is so hard!
  • Posted

Sorry to hear this Autumnn.  I’m sure your miserable.  I’m at 20mg just getting through week 5.  Still not solid...   My understanding is that some docs will increase the dosage to a point whereby the side affects are unbearable (so to speak), then back off the dosage until it’s optimized for you.  You may want to discuss this with you doctor to see if this is their approach.  Also, when you were taking flu before, what dosage were you at?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.