WEEK 13 AND STILL SOME WAY TO GO

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am just starting week 13 on 20mg and although I feel much better than I did, I still experience a foggy brain, tingling in my head, unwelcome thoughts and anxiety in my legs.  At times I think I'll never feel myself again!  This is my third time on Citalopram and it's taking much longer for it to take effect this time.  I would love to hear from other sufferers who have had or are having a similar experience.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bax

it does unfortunately take a long time to do its thing.

As you have been on it for 13 weeks is it worth speaking to your doctor about a small increase? When I went from 20 to 30 I did notice a big difference. it may make all the difference. some may say stick with the 20, but if you have no real relief after this long I would say have the chat with your doctor. ..you don't need to suffer longer than you need to.

God bless x

• Posted

Citalopram was very effective for me for twelve years. Then I think I got immune a little so I have upped the dose. Just took my first increased dose and am soooo drowsy!! Hate side effects!!!
    • Posted

when you say very effective for 12 years, did that man you had no issues at all for those 12 years? I am unsure if when taking these meds you should have no issues or just lesser ones
    • Posted

I will always worry a tad to some

Degree, but for twelve years I had no panic attacks at all, no general anxiety. It was great. Miss it sad

• Posted

But they do say that the meds will just lower your baseline anxiety. You'll probably always have some but to a lesser degree
  • Posted

Hi Bax. Im almost on week 7 of 20 mg and im experiencing the same symtoms/ side effects as you are. Ive wondered about the feeling in my legs as to whether it could be restless leg syndrome??? Im scared I will never be myself again too. Im just going along with what peoples experiences on here have been and praying it works bcu si cant tolerate any other antidepressant!

Let me know how it goes. Hope it kicks in soon for you

• Posted

Bax,

When I was on the higher dose my brain was foggy however the Dr told me to give it 2 weeks to my body a chance to settle down. I still felt foggy after 3 weeks so I dropped down down from 40mg to 30mg and that was my dose it takes awhile to find the right dose. I guess the drugs are not a quick fix as they take up to 21 days and that the worse part, however when you start to feel alittle better there is the HOPE that keeps you going. Remember to be kind to yourself,,,

• Posted

Hi Bax, how are you getting on? I am on week 9 of 20mg citalopram, I don't remember these side effects the first time round. I have intrusive thoughts, anxiety and low mood, although admittedly I am in a much better place than I was a few weeks back. Still, I had hoped for more improvement by now. I hope you're doing better. It just takes quite a time I guess. Best wishes X
    • Posted

Hi, well I am now just starting on week 14 still on 20 mg......my doctor doesn't want to up or change my medication for a few more weeks.  Sometimes I have OK moments, sometimes I still find myself slipping back into a depressed state with a foggy head, tingly legs, with negative and guilty thoughts that just keep coming.  At times I wonder if I'm ever going to get better.......at other times I forget I'm ill......unfortunately the OK times are still in the minority and I do worry that I'll never get better...... I would love some reassurance if anybody has had similar experiences.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.