Week 15

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I've been on 20mg of citalapram for 15 weeks this is my story I was on citalapram for about 10 years up until 2 and half years ago everything was OK then I had a lot of stress in my life and all the anxiety and depression came back so doc change my meds I tried matrazapine Prozac amertriptaline sertraline all with no joy I've done private Cbt for 7 months Hypnotherpy and anxiety and depression groups been a tough 2 half years then my doc said try citalapram again as it worked before that was 15 weeks ago a few weeks ago I started to feel better for a few days I thought I was their then it all came back I have low mood anxiety intrusive/negative thoughts people on this site say give it time I feel I have given it time I feel disconnected I've been eating good things doing lots of exercise I feel like I will feel like this for ever I battling though ever day just carrying on with my life doing everything not avoiding nothing but I feel so tied pushing myself into doing everything

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thats how I feel. Nothing but endless depression and anxiety. Been on a host of meds. Does it get better after 2 years? I don't know anymore
    • Posted

Hi

I just feel like I'm doing everything to get though this but just keep going backwards I will keep going just hoping things will get better 😀

• Posted

After 9 weeks of not making any progress. I had a long conversation with my pdoc and decided it was time to try something else. I so wanted the Cit to work for me, but it just wasn't the medication to help me. 

I am only on day 4 of my new medication, so it is way to early to know if it is going to help. I have slept the best the last three nights than I have for the 9 weeks on Cit. 

I know Cit.is a great drug for many, many people and I would not say things like it is worthless or it is a horrible drug. We are just all different with unique chemistries and this evidently was not the one for me.

I only wish everyone the best as we fight the battle of depression/anxiety together.

Sissy

• Posted

How many have you tried? And how long have you been feeling unwell?
    • Posted

It is too early to tell, but I feel some better. I have had a little more motivation, but still struggle a bit. I am on my third drug over almost two years. 
    • Posted

I mainly have severe anxiety which causes depression. I can function most days, but am far from being well. A lot of my issues started with hormones  being off. 
    • Posted

I can't function anymore at all. Been like that for a year and a half
    • Posted

Are you under the care of a psychiatrist? 

All lo I can seem to,do is cry this morning. I have nothing to be crying about.

• Posted

Yes. And I cry everyday for a year and a half. None of the meds I've tried help me. What are you on now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.