Week 3 of citalopram need help please!

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

HI I am on my approaching my 3rd week of 10mg of citalopram and had a few questions and need some reassurance. So the first week I took it I felt terrible and anxious all day then the second week I felt very good almost a night and day difference with the exception of some minor anxiety in the morning. So now approaching week 3 I thought I was all good until yesterday I had a a pretty bad anxiety/panic attack then as the day went on I was me again. Until waking up this morning and feeling anxious all over. Do I need to give these more time to do their job? I thought I was in the clear by week 2 but now it kinda feels like I'm backtracking. Please help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh Scott, i had the same experience when starting out on 10mg. I thought it would all be ok in two weeks. As it turned out it took a month before I felt any benifit and few side effects. Unfortunatly we just can not hurry this process. I have just increased to 20mg and am feeling much the same as you do. 
    • Posted

I'm just glad to head that I am not alone in this. I try to explain this to so many people that don't understand because they have not dealt with this. It is very reassuring knowing that what I am experiencing is normal . Thank you so much
  • Posted

Hi Scott

It was about six weeks before I felt a lot better it was very up and down , don't worry you will get there.

Be lucky Ray

• Posted

Thanks ray I'm glad to hear you say that. I was getting so excited I was feeling much better then this happend but I'm confident that I will get better.
  • Posted

Hi Scott for me it took about 6 weeks to start to work properly, but is really great now. I found I needed some counselling alongside the drugs, which helped a lot. Hope you will soon feel the benefit and be back to yourself again. :-)
    • Posted

Thanks sylvia I can't wait to be back to me again. When I am feeling good I I feel like I can take on anything but as soon as the anxiety comes on I feel like I can't do anything. This whole thing has been such a different experience for me. I just don't understand where all this came from. But I know I'm not alone it seems so many people are going through this with me .

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up