Week 4 should I increase my dose ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not sure if my mess are working, I feel so spaced out, distant and a little anxious, thoughts is ending my life haunt me,not sure if I have gone mad, should I try and increase my dose? So lost, I have a pain in my chest where my hearts broken 😥

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angie,

it is very individual, you do need to speak to your doctor. But read some more posts on here - people generally report that increasing dose brings about a new batch of side effects. Most people say to give it at least 6-8 weeks to settle on the current dose, some even 12 weeks.

I would say hang in there for a few more weeks. Like you I didn't think it was working for me at week 4, it was one of my worst. Slight improvements in week 5, and now at week 7 all my suicidal thougths are completely gone and after week 5 I started having more and more periods or even all days with good moods.

But best to discuss with your GP. Some people need to switch to different medication. I am still considering that myself due to ongoing physical side effects, but I will give it a few more weeks.

Please hang in there a little longer...week 4 is still very early, most people do feel still worse at week 4 before it gets better.

Hugs

Luci

• Posted

Thank you Luci

Yesterday I felt so bad, but made a decision to fight this thing, I was so close to giving up, I'm yet to experience my healing, but I have too much ppl depending on me to give up, I don't like the thought of upping the meds and suffering new side effects, plus starting from the beginning 😳 So will wait this nightmare out, praying that I will /( we all) have a testimony to inspire and support others very soon, with our recovery ??

• Posted

Thank you Luci

Yesterday I felt so bad, but made a decision to fight this thing, I was so close to giving up, I'm yet to experience my healing, but I have too much ppl depending on me to give up, I don't like the thought of upping the meds and suffering new side effects, plus starting from the beginning 😳 So will wait this nightmare out, praying that I will /( we all) have a testimony to inspire and support others very soon, with our recovery ??

• Posted

Yes push through Angie, stay strong. I sort of focused on 'surviving' each day. Not trying to think about future too much, just getting through each day. That is your job now at the early stages of the medication, just survive each day.

I clearly remember about day 26 was about my worse. It was the peak of my anxiety. I didn't see any point in living, although at the same time I couldn't think of any cause why my life should be so bad either. Just a crazy feeling of nothing having any point. I knew it was the meds - I was never feeling like this before the medication. I remember that day just surviving hour by hour.

I am almost 7 weeks now, and these crazy thoughts have gone. I would not consider myself 'recovered' yet by no means but I do feel the worst is over now, and I could not imagine it would get better when I was at 4 weeks.

Please push through for a bit more. Best to also schedule review with GP every couple of weeks if you can. My GP was happy to do that and it was helpful to discuss it with her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.