Week 6 10mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on Citalopram 10mg for 6 weeks now...

The first few weeks were dreadful an thought I'd never get over the side effects...

The past 2 weeks I've felt really good but since last night I had a anxiety attack which lasted for quite a while...

This morning the brain fog,burning tired,sore eyes have returned an I'm now restless an can feel small tremors of the shakes.... 

tomorrow I start councling sessions and also have a MRI scan

Is this normal to do a U - turn? Or do I need to increase?

Very Confused

Cheryl 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cheryl

Glad to hear you got through the side effects, but don't worry, this little blip is natural.  Seems you begin to feel good then slip back again, and you'll find this may happen as you progress, until the blips get less and less.  It happened to me.  Always 3 steps forward and 2 steps back until you feel completely well.

K xx

• Posted

Cheryl,

I am in the exact same boat as your currently. I am on week 6.5. I have my moments where I feel good and look back and think how did I even feel like that and then take step back and think I am never going to be ok. It is a weird way the mind works. I am going to stick it out though because I know I need the meds and nothing else I can do. People say it can take 6-8 weeks before even starting to feel better. Let us know how that MRI scan goes....

• Posted

Hey Katecogs, Yadeed 

Thanks for your reply it has put me at ease smile

I'm glad to hear it's just a blip 

I seem to think about how I feel quite alot since my anxiety start which is over 3mths now..and will I ever be the same 

one side effect that I can't get rid is the insomnia.. I am slowly sleeping better but I'm still waking up alot during the night an feel exhausted the next morning an full of aniexty but slowly it disappears during the day.. Oh and shivers like cold sensations throughout my body... An brain zaps an  twitches from time to time (which anxiety all started because of this so going for a mri to rule out anything else) 

Cheryl x

• Posted

I am the same way. Always thinking about it unless I can take my mind of it which is not very easy. I only seem to be relaxed at night in bed. I also had trouble sleeping with only getting 2-4hrs a night. My sleeping has improved a lot but unfortunaly am the same with morning anxiety. I wake up and the cycle starts all over again. The good thing is that it is slowly getting better and sounds like yours is as well. I ran the full cycle thinking I had a brain tumor to thinking this was my last week on earth. Anxiety is a horrible thing and people dont know that the physical symptoms are horrible. The brain is a very powerful thing and is crazy to thing anxiety can do all of this stuff. I can tell you it does and will. Make sure you are eating well and drinking lots of water. 
    • Posted

Hi

Ive been recovered for many years now, and was exactly in the same place as you both.  Depression and full of anxiety which occupied my mind and body completely - whether I tried to read, watch TV, was on holiday ....... I had this thing on my mind always. Only through sleep was I able to escape.  I always woke with anxiety and it'd start all over again for another day.

Starting this medication I went through all the side effects - acute anxiety, disturbed sleep, headaches, brain zaps ........ loads of symptoms.  After the side effects eased, I started to notice times when I hadn't thought of my problem or had anxiety, and over time slowly noticed more and more times where I'd forgotten I was ill.  What a wonderful feeling!

The good times increased more and more and I slowly recovered.  It felt like a miracle to get my life back again.  No more depression, anxiety or an occupied brain anymore!!  Expect blips along the way though.

It was a long recovery - things don't happen overnight, or within weeks.  I noticed small gradual changes as each month went by. :-)

Now, I kind of feel grateful for having had the experience (I never thought I'd ever say that), for it's made me a much more humble person.  

K xx

• Posted

Cheryl- How did the MRI and Councling session go yesterday?
  • Posted

Hi Katecogs Yadeed 

How long did you have to take the medication or are you still taking it?

I'm on week 7 now and I am still feeling a little off well i think anxiety is on my mind..

I have noticed changes definitely.. I feel happy relaxed an slowly myself but I do still feel a little off inside... its like anxiety is dormant and I'm afraid it will bounce back...

my mri went ok but unfortunately I have to go back to my gp on friday for the results... If it was anything serious they would have let me no...

The councling session went ok... I need to practice breathing and when the anxiety came about first I bought a self help workbook to try help me so she suggest I go back to reading it as I stopped... 

Cheryl 

• Posted

Cheryl,

I took Citalopram for 7 years before going off it Cold Turkey. Bad Mistake. I have now been back on it for 7 weeks again. 

I am feeling the same as you. My biggest issue is just feeling off. I have this weird feeling in my head. I believe its what they call Brain Fog. It is a feeling like I have cotton wool in my head. It comes and goes but it just drives my anxiety to be worst because I believe it can't be anxiety. I am having a pretty rough morning. I am improved but not anywhere close to where I want to be. I can at least leave the house now though and do stuff but still just feel a little off and woozy. 

Glad to hear the MRI went well. Hopefully that will help take your mind off it. 

• Posted

I took the medication for 15 years - didn't cause me any problems and was well on it all this time.  I came off it a year ago and felt fine, but restarted it 4 months ago as family illness was making me stressed, so needed to take charge of it before it got a hold of me again.  Am fine again now :-)

You should both get the books by Dr Claire Weeks - Self a Help for your Nerves, and More Help for your Nerves.  Really good books and these helped me enormously too - she unravels the mystery of this illness really well.

K xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.