week 6 and struggling

Posted , 5 users are following.

so this is week 6 of me on 20mgs daily, what a struggle it has become. I was going to try getting it raised to 40mgs last week but changed my mind and decided to stick it out, still do not understand why my side effects are different this time round? generally its nausea, very lethargic, cant be assd to even move some days. feeling yuck full stop. 8-12 weeks before any improvement seems to be the advice, omg, a lifetime.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey David

Surely you know "The Rules" by now? Near as I can work 'em out, you stay with your prescribed dose until things settle down and then go see your GP at eight to tweleve weeks from the start. Near as I can figure from reading posts here. when you increase your dosage, you start the 'gettin onto Flu' symptoms all over again.

Why have your symptoms changed? Well, the Flu is the same so the only difference is you. The symptoms you describe are among the well known Flu 'side effects'.

Stay with the programme! You know it'll get better with time! Good luck in the meantime.

I stayed on, didn't come off, wouldn't consider it an option and umpteen months in I'm as happy as Larry and have been for a long time.

• Posted

Hi David, I'm new to this forum. I'm now on week 10 of 20 mg and although the sleep patterns are improved, I still have the morning jitters and afternoon lethargy.  PLUS, over the last few days the suicidal ideation is stronger, if anything. This is my first time ever on antidepressants so it's all so new for me! My GP advised it would take c4 wks to kick in.  That certainly hasn't happened; I haven't experienced any upbeat effect whatsoever yet.
  • Posted

High David

I hear you. I'm on week 7 on 40 mg , was moved up after 20 mg for 6 weeks. I don't have nausea but much lethargy. If it's not tiredness than I get palpitations. Morning are the worst feel better by evening usually. I have noticed some improvement in the last week ..alittle better mood, but it still alternates. they say the good times will increase , my next Dr. Appt will be at the 12 week mark for the 40 mg. It is tough. I also am experiencing a worsening of Nocturia ( getting up to pee about 5-6 times a night. I read SSRI s can aggravate / cause Nocturia. Going to try the new OTC Somnapure..dr okayed it hope to sleep thru the urges. Like you hoping the 8 - 12 window is the payoff". 

• Posted

Need to clarify ...went from 20 mg then to 30 so increase to 40 was gradual to lessen side effects
  • Posted

Hi David, we r on the same boat, on 20mg for 6 weeks, I too feel lethargic all the time & it sucks. No improvements yet, planing to go up 40 mg around week 9 if I see no improvements. Will keep u posted. Take care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.