Week 6 on Citalopram and Dizziness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I’m on Citalopram. This is my 6th week. I started out on 20 mg and then 10mg and now on 15mg. I’m experiencing hot flashes, tiredness, dizziness, and I can’t sit still sometimes. I’m starting to want to avoid public places and long lines. I want to workout but scared to go to the gym. I’m nervous about feeling dizziness and passing out. It makes me wonder if there is something seriously wrong with my heart or brain. I just want to know that it gets better. Any advice or help? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jamie, I get alot of dizziness and feeling week when changing dosages. You said you went from 20mg to 10mg to 15mg, if that is right you will feel like you do. Stick with your existing dose until your brain and central nerv
    • Posted

Sorry pressed wrong button. Wait until you feel settled before changing dosages.
  • Posted

You've had a lot of dosage switches in 6 weeks, so it definitely makes sense you'd be experiencing side effects. All the up and down switching in a short amount of time can really wreak havoc on a person's system.

?It will get better:-). Stay at your current dose for weeks (at least 8 weeks, longer would be better), if possible. The side effects will start to slowly go away. Remember that each time you increase or decrease, you will get side effects again. So, even though you've been on the medication 6 weeks total, when it comes to side effects you should start counting from when you last switched doses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.