Week 7 and starting to slip again

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been on 20 mg now for last 2 1/2 weeks and  was on 10 before that for 4 weeks . Haven't felt great last few days really irritable and sleepy can't be bothered with anything which isn't like me. I was put on nexium to help with stomatch acid also and I'm now been awake all night with panic running through me it's really scaring me as I thought I was getting somewhere and was looking forward to Xmas ect. I'm wondering if I might need to up my dose or just Truro ride it out my ribs ect are in agony x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn, You need to ride this out if you can, upping the dose can give you more side effects to start with. I personally started on 20mg and found side effects awful, so went down to 10mg. I have stayed on the 10mg as i find it takes the edge off my anxiety and i would prefer to not take meds. Side effects should wear off in a couple of weeks, if not consider if you would be able to cope with just 10mg. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hi Dawn, Ive been on cit for 11 weeks now, about 4 or 5 5imes, ranging from 1 day to 2 weeks ive had good spells, just like you where you feel like youre getting somewhere.......then bang, I slip back again, ive been told and seen on here thats its normal to get this 'up and down' feeling, so as Elizabeth says, try and ride it out. All the best....Luke
    • Posted

Thank you it's the insomnia again and the hot panic waves I get that scare me making me panic worse. Trying to stay positive but can be hard especially through the night while everyone's sleeping and I'm not!! X
  • Posted

Hi Dawn

Each time you up your dose you have to go through the same side effects, and so need to give it the same length of time to get through it again.  The side effects are awful (I've been there) and many people think they aren't working, so are too quick to want to jump to an even higher dose.  You need to ride it out, through each increase, wait until you settle, then wait some more, and only then up the dose if need be.

When the side effects have subsided, just wait, because you'll start to find you'll get an hour or half a day when you feel good, and then days later maybe another good day.  This will continue until you get more good days than bad.  This seems to be the way the medicine works.  Even months later you can get an odd bad day ...... just expect to be up and down until that subsides too.  In time you'll feel great and all this will be behind you.

20mg seems to be the usual dose for recovery.

You can't hurry recovery or even speed it up with larger doses of medicine.  It's just patience and accepting how you feel at the moment.

K xx

• Posted

Thank you I was on it for 7 years before and I managed ok but these waves of heat and panic going through my body have  me terrified seen gp today not my own who advised that I stop them altogether tomorrow and take propanalol an. Sleeping tablets bit iv struggled so much over the last 7 weeks that I'm reluctant been wondering weather to go see my own gp Monday and just keep taking it over the weekend and see what she says.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.