week 7 citalopram

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

hi everyone, i made it so far by pushing my self coz the first 5 weeks was hell, my anxity was up and down still morning anxity , by after non i was bit more cam... however last night a sitting there watching tv full panic attack like i never had before my legs wen very gelly and my stomach was fire hot it toke about 30 minuts to cume down with a 2mg diazopam is made so up set that all day today is made me feel down and if is goin to cume bk , like day one , i know i should wait to hit the 12 week mark but is so hard i feel dizzy and spaced out today, is put me well bk 😞 i hope evrone is ok 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

It will get better ,3 months ,3 months just give it time .trust me ,I’ve been where you’ve been .scared and freaked out by the way you’re feeling ,out of control and helpless. I was so scared I was losing myself .  I’d be in Walmart and all of a sudden feel like “ I have to leave or I’m gonna pass out “. My panic attacks would come out of no where without warning or reason . Now it’s been a year and I have my life back. Yes there are days when I have a bit of anxiety but NOTHING like I was .  I’m not scared to go grocery shopping .  Please hang in there !!!!!! It gets better !!!
  • Posted

Hi Ben

I’m glad you have Diazapam on hand.... keep using it when you need to..

You are doing so much to help yourself get better and everyone on here is helping us too xx

• Posted

i know most people here are very helpful and we are all greatful for that , coz evryone is been thru dis and going thru ,, u get more comfort here then when you ring ur gp , all they say is get off it if is makin u worse or u wana rase dose ... 
    • Posted

yeah, true about the GP’s... 

Ive tried CBT but I just talked about nothing really... It was interesting though. 

• Posted

I know it's tough Ben but keep going to get to that week 12 mark, it's really horrible the constant ups and downs and not knowing when something might come over you but you've done really well getting to where you are and for the downs, there will be ups as well getting as your body adjusts. I'm just shy of 4 and a half weeks and after a couple of horrendous days had a couple not so bad despite some personal stuff going on, it is up and down but keep going strong, it really is a step forward to keep going with it so don't feel like it's putting you well back

• Posted

thank you for your words , we all in this together and we will get throu it no matter how hard it gets ,, (i m tring to stay positive) 
  • Posted

Hi Ben, week 8 here and all of a sudden feeling very anxious and rubbish! I thought I had got this now I am feeling a bit backwards. Just hoping to keep pushing forwards 
    • Posted

Forward and backwards is all too common...rooting for you...within three months that should start to slowly disappeared...
    • Posted

Thank you, feeling pretty rubbish right now and my mum is giving me a hard time. I told her I don’t take meds anymore as she threw it at me and said I shouldn’t 
    • Posted

Wow a good support system is very important..there's no shame to this illness...I have your back.... praying for your Peace.

• Posted

I know when I first went on meds she went mad and told me I shouldn’t. When I felt low she hung up on me. So now when I tried to tell her I was feeling bad she changed the subject.

So my husband is my support and his mum they don’t judge

• Posted

Amazing how sometimes family will turn on you for something so serious for us that they don't understand..I'm glad your husband is on your side...

• Posted

Thanks Lois he is good. My mum makes me worse really so I avoid contact if I can. My mil is good too 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up