Week 8 and intrusive thoughts

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am currently half way through week 8 i have found that my anxiety has eased but i am still getting the intrusive thoughts. I have started reading about anxiety and intrusive thoughts which has helped but they just frustrate me no end. I am hoping they leave me soon so i can start enjoying my life again.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey gemma! How are you ? I get these intrusive thoughts as well .

Do you think its a side effect of celexa?

I have been on it almost 9 weeks like you.

Do you get them anytime of day or night?

Hopefully it clears up for us soon because it really sucks.

Do you get

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have always had them when my anxiety has been bad prior to taking the medication. however it feels as though they have become more intrusive and they can happen throughout the day. I am really hoping it is a side effect of the drug and they ease off soon. how are you coping with them?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What dose are you on? I was on 20mg for 16 days before my intrusive thoughts went away. I upped to 30mg 6 days ago bc of the anxiety and my thoughts are back.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've been taking celexa for about 22 weeks now and still get the occasional intrusive thoughts, but they don't seem to bother me as much as they did. I do believe that the medications will help with dealing with them not so much make them go away, I think for that therapy or self help techniques would be best to help ease them.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey gemma! Hope your well.

I get them during the day or night.

Is there a certain type of thought you get or just random thoughts. Do you get them at home or in public places or it does not matter?

I also been feeling like apathy or lack of focus and energy as well through the day.

Im on Celexa 20 mg for around 8 and half weeks.

Thanks!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up