Week 8 back pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay 8 weeks post op, healing as well as expected at this stage and back at work. Although I wish I wasn't because I am exhausted. Its alot to go from taking it easy and treating your body with kid gloves to working full time again, even if your job involves lots of sitting. But unfortunately the rest of the world doesnt care what's going on in our bodies and life must go on. That said though, my lower back is killing me! Is this just  "part of it"? I'm wondering if others have experienced this or maybe its just the sudden change in activity level.  You ladies have been a great support through this, thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am 2 weeks post op although early days I am suffering really bad lower back pain been and got a stronger painkiller so I hope they help. I hope your back pain settles down soon because I really hope mine does before I go back yo work in 8 weeks time x
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm 7 weeks post op. I'm still off work at the moment but I find that any time I'm doing more than usual I have aching in my lower abdomen and pain in my lower back. i think it probably is to do with the change in activity level. It's hard ideally you would be able to stay off longer but life isn't always that easy. Try and get as much rest outside of work as possible and fingers crossed things will get easier x

• Posted

I'm impressed you're  back at work so quickly! Back pain pretty normal as far as I am concerned! smile 
  • Posted

I think the back pain is from going from taking it easy and probably laying down or sitting in a comfy recliner or on a couch to sitting up on an office chair working full time. Hopefully it stops soon! I just got cleared to go back to work one of my jobs. My first day back will be Tuesday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.