Week 8 Mirtazapine Withdrawal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello! Me again. I copied this from another post on a different website," One last thing…it seems as if the side effects can seem to have cleared up, only to reappear later…the good news…each time they appear they are weaker." This is where I am after 8 weeks. Still having anxiety, abdominal cramps/pain, interrupted sleep, nausea, weak, headaches, vivid dreams, and fatigue. Did I miss anything? However, all of these are slowly getting better, Like the quote says, I think they are gone, only to have them return, but less severe. That alone creats it's own form of anxiety if you are not expecting it or aware that it happens. Again, this was cold turkey off 7.5. This has been, for the most part, a horrible experience. The sad thing is that I was on 45 mg for over 7 years, and suffered side effects the entire time, and didn't realize that it was the Remeron. It was prescribed by a psychiatrist, who left town, and my general MD said that he would continue the prescription. All those years I was telling him how bad I felt, particularly in the morning when I first woke up, and felt better in the evening, but it never registered that it was side effects from the Remeron. I don't blame him, particularly when the psychiatrists don't seem to be all that informed about what this drug is capable of. I hope that this has been helpful to at least one person. I think that it is helping me to write it. Thanks VERY much for all the replys, feedback, and suggestions while I have been, and still are fighting this. Regards, David

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

thanks david. makes me feel like i'm not the only one.  my dosage is only .25 mg. the dr. said i could take one in the a.m. and then p.m. before the anxiety arises, however i have been trying not to take it.  sometimes it's just not worth it.  i think klonapin is name used in the U.S. but i could be wrong. thank you makes me feel better
    • Posted

Suzie, mom says that when she is able to get out and walk, weather permitting, sometimes it seems to help the anxiety and she can hold off on the pills. I Googled the US spelling and it is Klonopin, not that it matters. This site is more comforting, in some cases, than seeing a counselor. I have had info passed along to me that only someone who had been there would know. God bless you, and I wish you a recovery of whatever is causing you grief. Take Care, David
  • Posted

These tablets have destroyed me I've been telling the Dr months but they constantly Blame in ob on my anixty disorder etc but I was no where near this bad until taking these over a year ago. I've searched for answers but got no where. Everyday is a battle From wake up to re taking my tablet at night. Mornings are the worst I wake up no idea where or what's going on. Anxouis most morning with an awol tummy and bad ibs. Appitite all over.. Groggy, no concentration, restlessness, light headed and just feeling lowsy and confused with zero mmotivation. Most morning is a battle to even get our of bed. It wears off in the evening and I feel a little calmer. But i obsess over tiny things and constantly feel like am dying qnd going to pass out and have lots of fears. I get tension head aches and shakes and have to have time outs and relax before thjngs end up me pacing the floor thinking am dying. I get adrenaline rushes and brain zaps often too and aching muscles. I know this is No me at all and ghe Dr do not LIsten. I'm clearly not the only one ssuffering as u have too and strange how we are on the same med. I'm going to try ween off mine And really dig deep qnd pUsh On. I find keep Occupied helps me ar the moment, I've been One week taking 10per off my 15 and already notching a difference. Told the Dr this week and she finally agreed that I can try come off them slowly and keep awaiting my cbt.

Seeing you post has certainly helped Me and let's me see that it is most likely there mirtazapine making me feel so awful. I'm terrified of what it's done to me and how hard wd will be but it's nice to see u battle on and gives me some hope. Biggest regret ever. But it's Defo made me stronger and each day I reduce I hope to get even stronger. Thanks for your update and keep strong your doing great

Shez

• Posted

hi sheaz, i too suffer from anxiety.  i have been on 30mg fhor a month.  i was okay on 15. or at least better.  i wake up to extreme anxiety and have to take a pill, clonazapam.  i have to sleep with a sleeping pill.  i see the dr tomorrow and will tell him . i think my body can't tolerate many of these meds and i have tried several.  let's have hope for peace and happiness
    • Posted

I hope they listen and you get sorted. I don't like taking these tablets as i don't feel they are helping Me. Hopefully if I ween off I csn can see how i am then. I just try trick my mind that am fine haha and keep Occupied

Stay strong

• Posted

Thank you! It will be tough, but use this site for encouragement. I wouldn't have made it if I hadn't Regards, David
    • Posted

hi there does everyone recommend tapering off these drugs i am thinking of just cutting my 30 in half and reducing myself to 15 and cant cope with the effects...been on 30 a month does anyone think this will work for me...was gonna cold turkey but looks like thats a bad idea...any suggestions welcome as was thinking of starting tonight doing half without asking my doctor...cheers
    • Posted

hi lesley,

last night i took 3/4 of a 30.  i seemed to have less anxiety today.  i was at the psychiatrist today and told him that i was experiencing anxiety and he just said reduce it.  i guess i will do that for a week or 2.  i also asked for this test to be done which apparently helps in telling what dosage is best.  have to wait for that though.

• Posted

cheers suzie i wasnt brave enough to reduce last night so its good to hear that you did so and didnt feel as much as anxiety today which is  encouraging so mite try and give it a go myself thanks for the input....will brave it  up to face the doctor soon thanks and good luck with your reduction x
    • Posted

hi lesley,

well i took 22.5 mg last night.  psych said to reduce.  still felt anxious upon awakening and took .25

of clorazapam.  (plus i take lyrica at night). i think i feel asleep without a sleeping pill which is good.  it's hard to get moving.  how are you?

• Posted

hey suzie thanks for the message..well done on your reduction and keep up the good work.....i dont take any other tablets so just wizzing on the mert daytime still feel well anxious.....i was going to self reduce last night but was too scared of any withdrawal i might have...think i coped better on the 15mg so thinking of halfing them which maybe could be a bit drastic?? but feel they are too much for my body at moment...i have to go out shopping soon but to be honest feel too scared to go out...what the hell is all that about...flipping pills!!
    • Posted

not sure what your meds are you are referring to as maybe you live outside the uk and the brand names are all so different here!!!...think i need to get back to doctors for a chat when i can brave it up to speak to him...how mad is that when you dont want to see your own doctor as i dont really know what im flipping talking about half the time!!!....anyway glad you slept without a sleeping pill thats a biggie well done you...sending positive at ya  xx
    • Posted

i know.  i feel like i am on a roller coaster.  try this .. up the med, decrease the med  ..anyway, i don't think they helped with anxiety.  i gave it a full month and it mademy anxiety worse.  they say the lower dose is better for sleep, and the higher acts is an antidepressant.  i am going to do a test that apparently will tell you the dosage i can tolerate, but that may take awhile to get results back .. but at least it's something where they are not just guessing.  i was hoping the testcould also tell me what meds i could tolerate, but dr. said no
    • Posted

oh blimey it is a flipping rollercoaster thats true!!....wonder if taking 15mg lessens your anxiety its a bit like a lottery...the test sounds interesting re tolerance mite look into that...think i have more anxiety than depression now...but like you say who flipping knows with these flipping pills...so stuck to know what to do ...ta for reply lovely wish you the best  xx
    • Posted

i dont really understand the scared of going out stuff thats what is surprising me.......also cant seem to know what i want to buy when i get there very strange have you experienced anything like that im finding it well strange.....dont know what to eat etc etc...apart from sweets of course !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.